Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Charisse Send a message via MSN to Charisse Send a message via Yahoo to Charisse
Default The Bigger Ships and teens

I think I'm nuts but I've decided to bring my two teenage boys (14 and 18) on a cruise. I figure RCCL has the most to do onboard. Although the only ship I can really compare to is the Golden Princess. Any input from anyone would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Ginnie

Default Re: The Bigger Ships and teens

We take our children and grandchildren on a cruise once a year, and have always chosen Royal Caribbean's Voyager class ships. We sailed the Navigator last year and will be cruising on the Mariner this year. Our 2 teenage grandsons LOVE these ships, as the Navigator and the Mariner have great teen centers. They also enjoyed the Voyager and the Explorer in previous years, but nothing compared to the Navigator, they said.
Ginnie
Old January 6th, 2004, 06:38 PM
ScottZ

Default Re: The Bigger Ships and teens

I was surpised to find that 18-20 year olds can buy beer and wine on the cruise. This quickly trickles down to young brothers and sisters. My 14 year daughter hand her first hangover the day we departed the ship!

The teen loughe otherwise was great, my daughter made lots of new friends. Perfect since at this age we become the dumbiest, boringest people to hang around.
Old January 17th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Charisse Send a message via MSN to Charisse Send a message via Yahoo to Charisse
Default Re: Re: The Bigger Ships and teens

Ahh, so they think. Sometimes we are better off being dumb and boring! There is a method to our madness!
Old January 18th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: The Bigger Ships and teens

We are only dumb and boring until they need the credit card or cash for something. Our kids are 17 and 18. They have cruised with us everytime (6). Did San Juan last year on the Adventure doing Europe this year. My kids have never gotten drunk, but their have been plenty others.
Old January 20th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bigger Ships and teens

I don't think I have to worry about them getting drunk, mine are more into the video games. I have to worry about them spending what little money I'll be bringing.
Old January 20th, 2004, 08:53 PM
robinfielding

Default Constellation vs. Serenade of the Sea

We are considering these two ships for November 2004.
We will be traveling with teenagers. We have been on Infinity and loved it!
The older teens did not have enough to do... Does anyone have any recomendations regarding these two choices or port stops?
thanks