Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2003, 02:22 PM
Admiral

Default past guest rewards...

As a regular Carnival cruiser, I was curious what RCCL offers it's past cruisers. Someone on another board posted that they are more generous. Any comments?

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2003, 04:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: past guest rewards...

It's been awhile, like 6 years since I was on RCCL, but I seem to recall that the Captain's cocktail party is by invitation only for past RCCL cruisers. On our Carnival cruises it seemed like everyone was invited. I don't remember if there were gifts involved on RCCL or not.

Margie
Old December 3rd, 2003, 04:20 PM
FLJOY

I think it depends on how many cruises you have done, we have done three and we only get a coupon book, sometimes we get mailed coupons for $$ off on a cabin for certain cruises, of course its always the ones we can't go on.
Old December 3rd, 2003, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

We did get some gifts on our last cruise, fanny pack and some coupons that we really did use, I think it depends on how many previous cruises you've done with them. There is also the cocktail pary for repeat cruisers, always nice and they usually give you some insight on whats happening with Royal Caribbean..

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 3rd, 2003, 09:30 PM
Robertj668

Hi

We have sailed on Princess Celebrity and Royal Caribbean too. We rarely see anything from Princess as for as coupons. Celebrity is good but their coupons usually are 50 inside for 7 day 100 ocean view for 7 day. Royal Caribbean varies. First set of coupons were 25 of 3 to 5 day and 50 off 7 day and 100 off 8 days or more. but the last set of coupons we received were 75 off 3 to 5 day crusies and 125 off 7 days and 225 for 8 days or longer. Now there were onselect dates and ships but it did not matter if we booked an inside or ocean view. we sail on our 2nd Royal caribbean cruise in January lets see if we get any goodies!

Take Care

Robert & Lisa
Old December 3rd, 2003, 10:44 PM
First Mate

On our 2nd RCI cruise on the Radiance there was a "Captains party" for all, and a "Crown & Anchor" one by invitation. We also got the coupon book (We used a number of them) for the sailing and fanny packs. Not much $$$ wise but it's the thought that counts!

We also like the fact that the C&A magazine has coupons for various sailings. It seems better than the Princess flyers in which THEY pick the sailings which they advertise as special rates. Example we have a $75US/cabin coupon for our 4 nighter on the Monarch next March- I think it was good for Jan -May sailings.

So yes, i think they treat us good in that regard.

richard
Old December 4th, 2003, 10:51 AM
First Mate

On RCCL after your first cruise you get coupons and invited to certain parties. After your 5th (Next Level) and 10th (Highest Level) crusise you get coupons and robe to use in stateroom, parties, special waiting area for faster boarding and a few other.

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 9/21/14
OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
Old December 4th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

People haven't mentioned that you get to go to the wine-tasting event for free on 7-night or longer cruises (it's held on a sea day)

Harry
Old December 4th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Yeoman

They have 3 tiers;

Gold=1 completed cruise
Platinum=5 completed cruises
Diamond=10 completed cruises

Each gets a coupon book after boarding (if not delivered w/in 24 hours see the onboard Loyalty Ambassador). The books are more rewarding for each tier. And Donna is right about the gifts ( we have 2 fanny packs already so hope they vary them up by next "RCI" cruise in May) and the repeat guest cocktail party is by invitation only. They just did a special breakfast for us in the "Viking Crown" on the "Radiance" but there were so many repeaters we would have done better to pass on that one. Conversely the "Legend" had a small group and the special brunch was superb.

BIG caveat...you must apply for the "Crown and Anchor" society, it is not automatic! Then follow up each cruise by making sure they are using your membership # so you receive the credit you deserve!