Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2004, 07:58 PM
NER

Default Getting Married on RCI's Enchantment of the Seas

Hi All. I am getting married on July 1st and was wondering if anyone has gotten married on this ship or any other ship and have any comments.

Would love to hear from you!
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2004, 03:10 PM
mookie

Default Re: Getting Married on RCI's Enchantment of the Seas

Not any help yet, but we are getting married March 6 on Navigator so hopefully I can help you after that!!
Old January 9th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Shades

Hi!!! I am also getting married.... RCI Enchantments of the Sea, Aug 4th, but we are getting married on the beach at Cozumel.

The last I knew, we did not have a wedding coordinator because they had not yet signed the Justice of Peace for 2004. I am very nervous and would love to hear anything that you know!!!

I was also told that it is going to cost us $22.00 per guest to transport them to the wedding site. This seems a bit extreme!

So many questions and no straight answers!!!!
Old January 9th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Admiral

My daughter got married on the Rhapsody of the Sea in Galveston, Tx. The wedding was
great, the only problem we had is getting the marriage license. They got married June
15th and we still have no license. Right now I am in the process of buying a duplicate
license and trying to get it signed by the minister that Royal Romance got to preform
the cermony. They are now telling me that the minister has moved to St. Thomas in the
virgin islands. I just hope they and get this new license signed and get it back to us
soon. My daughter is living in Hawaii and I am trying my best to get this resolved.
hope you do not have same problem.
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:46 AM
NER

Default Re: Re: Getting Married on RCI's Enchantment of the Seas

Thank you for all writing. I have heard Royal Romance is not great at all with the returning of phone calls and pre-scheduling but in the end, all thier weddings turn out beautiful. I tend to wait about 25 minutes on hold before I can even speak to someone each time I call. I admitt, not knowing the time/place on the ship up until 2 weeks before the date is a little unsettling. I am getting married on the ship so I dont really know how it works at port. I would love to keep in touch with you and hear how things go. All I was told is that weddings take place between 1-3 - thats it. So with a lot of faith and hope, I hope this most important day works for all of us!

I hope that your daughter gets her license. How horrible and what a fiasco to go through.
Old January 11th, 2004, 06:45 PM
hcat

Enchantment is a wonderful ship--have a great weddng but do keep on top of all thse invloved with the plans! I would check & re-check often to make sure everything is inplace. Boy what a great job to be a JP on the ship?
Old January 25th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Shades

I am glad to hear and sad to hear that other people are as in the dark about wedding plans as I am. I still do not have a wedding coordinator and a JOP, I am anxious to hear how the March and July weddings go!!

I am also sad to hear about the Marriage Certificate ordeal, I wish you luck in getting that resolved.

Good Luck to everyone!
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:47 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

My daughter got married November 24, 2003. I would be happy to answer any questions. We had a great time.

JAN
Old January 28th, 2004, 07:39 AM
andrea a

My husband and I were married on the Carnival Victory. It was the BEST way to do it... only if you don't want the big hoopla - with that, I mean the garder throwing, sitting at a head table for hours... the chicken dance.... you know all that stuff. We have an 1 and 1/2 hour reception after the ceremony. The ceremony was at 1:00 and the reception from 1:30-3:00 (while still in port) This worked out nicely because Carnival allows up to 50 non-sailing guests to attend the wedding and leave before you set sail. So being that we are from CT and left from NY, that worked out perfectly. I have a TON of pictures if you're interested, but I'm sure it's different on RCI. Here's one of us with NYC in the background... keep in mind, this was a mere 2 hours before the big blackout of 2003!!! THANK GOD those boats have generators!!!!!!!! We were able to set sail and leave the darkness behind!!

Old January 29th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Admiral

I did purchase a new marriage license and sent it off to be signed on Jan. 6th.
I am still waiting to get it back. I sent it UPS so it could be tracked. It is now in St. Thomas
Royal Romance told me the license has been sign by the minister again. I also sent to them a pre-paid UPS envelope already address to me. And the lady at RR said they are going to sent it back to me in that envelope like I requested. This has been a week ago since they told me the license was signed. I have been trying to track that envelope every day but no sign that they sent it yet. I can not understand why they will not send it, It is not costing them a thing. Please everyone that is getting married using RR stay on top of things hopfully this will not happen to you. This is quite frustrating.
Old February 10th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Admiral

I finally go my daughter's license hooray!!!!
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:16 AM
mookie16000

We are getting married on March 6, NOS and finally booked all our final enchancements 2 weeks ago and received the marriage lis. to notorize in the mail yesterday so I guess it's almost ready! I agree with many on this board, it was difficult trying to reach the wedding coordinators and always had to hold for the minimum of 20 minutes each time! Since NOS is one of the newer ships I was told that our wedding, although we still don't know what TIME it is, will be in the chapel on the 15th floor - can't wait to see that! I had a lot of questions that a previous poster (Jan) was able to enlighten me on and I hope to be able to do the same for anyone's coming up! Wish me luck -- it's only 24 days away!!!!
Old February 11th, 2004, 01:03 PM
ericksmom

Default Re: Re: Getting Married on RCI's Enchantment of the Seas

I got married in 1998 on the Soverign. It was so nice. We were married in the Music Man Lounge before we left port in Miami. After the ceremony the photographer took us all over the ship to take pictures. The ship was filling up and everybody clapped as we went by them. It was very cool.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 12:54 PM
sue gathman

Hello, I am getting married 6-6-04 on rhapsody of the seas. So far I have not had any problems or worries with the royal romance people. I would like to hear more comments on previous weddings.... any pictures of the ship? I am from Galveston althoughI now live in Spring. The logistics of boarding with my guest do not worry me.