Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Rochelle

Default Mexico-Vision of the Seas

We are going on a family cruise on Dec 21 to Puerto Vallarta, cabo san Lucas and Mazatalan out of LA. We have age range from 18-30 and others in 50's.
We are interested in peoples' experiencesin the ports and recommended activities. We usually like to plan our own shore excursions vs. going on those planned by the ship. Any ideas>>>>>
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Mexico-Vision of the Seas

Rochelle, be sure and check under Destinations/Mexico ... I knwo there are plenty of ideas there.

Harry
Old December 8th, 2003, 07:06 PM
First Mate

Hi,

we took that cruise 2 years ago although on Carnival. Just took a cab into town in Puerto V. and Mazatlan. Had fun shopping the golden zone in Mazat. Didn't care for Puerto much, the town is not nice, but the beach is pretty. Didn't have much time in Cabo, just shopped there too, you can walk.

Margie
Old December 9th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Rochelle, I differ from Margie. Puerto Vallarta was our favorite ... we take the van outside the terminal into town, walk about and see the sights, and then enjoy a lunh on the second floor of the restaurants right on the malecon -- gorgeous! That lunch is what we most look forward to.

Harry
Old December 9th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Beginner

Rochelle,

I have to agree with Harry, Puerto Vallarta was my favorite port on the itinerary. We took the city tour. After the tour we stayed in the center of town it was beautiful. Little shops and restarants line cobble stone streets. Infact we liked so much that we are planning on spending a week there sometime next year.

Jennifer
Old December 9th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to BillyC

Rochelle-

In Puerto Vallarta get off the ship and go to the "staging area" where all the taxi's are. Usually there are drivers there with Suburbans for hire. They will take you on a tour, shopping and recommend a restraunt for lunch. I really recommend this. I did this with my family last time we were there and the lunch at Chico's up the canyon/valley near where Terminator was filmed was awesome.
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Frank

Hola amiga

I am a licensed tour guide with a van and would like to offer my services to you and your family. I can take you on a tour in Mazatlan wherever you would like to go. Either the City or Colonial or Sierra Madre tour. The more going the better price I can give you. I will guarantee the best time that you will have. I enjoy my job and also enjoy taking people on tours. I hope you make the right decision and contact me before you take the cruise. Take care and looking forward to your answer. Feliz Navidad!
Frank
fkole2000@hotmail.com