Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2003, 01:48 PM
LAC

Default Vision of the Seas Feb.

Considering a cruise for Feb. 04. What is the Pacific Ocean like combared to the Carribean waters. Also what is the current condition of Vision of the Seas. any help would be nice
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Frank

Default Re: Vision of the Seas Feb.

Hi amigo
This probably has nothing to do with your question, but if you come down to Mazatlan and like a tour, please contact me and I will give you information on this matter. I am a licensed tour guide with a van and do private tours. My e mail is
fkole2000@hotmail.com

Feliz Navidad

Frank
Old December 11th, 2003, 02:59 PM
judie43

Default Re: Re: Vision of the Seas Feb.

We were on the Vision in October.The difference in the water is the Pacific is somewhat rougher...but not bad at all.The big difference was the temperature while sailing.The first day out is somewhat cool,but the last day back is actually chilly...People walking around the pool deck in jackets.We were told it would be chilly but we did'nt realize how chilly it would be!!! The ship is in pretty good shape.The public rooms are great.Our cabin showed some wear but nothing major.The Vision is still a beautiful ship and I would sail on her again in a heartbeat.....
Old December 11th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Jay A. Peterson

We did the Vision to Mexico last year in January. Pacific Ocean can be very bad or it can be flat, it's just the luck of the draw. We had rough seas, but we rarely felt them because of the stabilizers and the size of the ship. It's a great trip and I highly recommend it. My wife and I are both prone to seasickness, but have only slightly experienced it on one cruise. That was the old Viking Serenade which has been retired.

Weather was overcast, a few showers, but relatively warm. It was colder than my trips to the Caribbean, however, I have never been there in January or February.

I am a scuba diver so I dove in Cabo and Puerta Vallarta. Water is warmer than southern California, but much colder than you find in the Caribbean.

Shopped in Mazatlan.

The weather and water temperatures are all available on line at various web pages. I usually research them before I go. I use "weatherunderground" and use their archive pages to get last years temps.

Enjoy the adventure of cruising. You will have a great ime no matter what the weather is.
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Passenger

i had heard the pacific could be rougher than the atlantic but i did not notice a difference...sailed on rhapsody out of san pedro in feb...temp never got above 70 and usually was a little chillier...i was dissappointed because i didnt expect it to be so chilly...still had great time so dont let it ruin your cruise....