Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:11 PM
DonD

Default R C L Credit Card Rewards . . . . .

I just tried to redeem 15,000 points for a $150 shipboard credit from my RCL Credit Card and after OVER one half hour on the phone I still donít have it. They said that they could send me a voucher but it would take 6 to 8 weeks for me to get. I asked what I do with the voucher after I get it and she told me that she did not know.

She did say that she would call RCL tomorrow morning and then she would call me and let me know how to redeem the credit.
It seems to me that this program has been going long enough that they should have their information straight. She was very courteous and very apologetic though.

Has anyone else redeemed their points?
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Craig

Default Re: R C L Credit Card Rewards . . . . .

I thought about it the other day when we booked our cruise. Know we had at least 10K. I asked the RCL agent about it and she told me no one had done this yet and she would have to investigate (Strange ???). Eventually she gave me a phone number to call that put me on hold. After about 15 minutes I gave up and decided to save them for a future cruise.

I hope they get things better organized with this program. As you say - It's been around long enough.

Regards,

Craig ...
Old December 9th, 2003, 12:42 PM
brv2

Default Re: Re: R C L Credit Card Rewards . . . . .

I redeemed my points over the phone with the bank and had absolutely no problem!! Sorry you had that experience. I received 5 vouchers in the mail in 5 individual envelopes from the bank for $50 each and it took about two weeks to arrive. I filled out the back portion of the voucher and sent them all to Royal Caribbean in one letter (requested a signature upon delivery which cost me $5, but is my insurance). I also made copies of the vouchers and plan on taking them along with me on our trip (Dec. 22nd out of Galveston). I am expecting to have $250 credit on our Sea Pass account!
Hope you get your problems resolved quickly.
Old December 9th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Hapygrl : )

Default Re: R C L Credit Card Rewards . . . . .

I know that the Royal Caribbean credit card point redemption can be upsetting. However, in the process of redeeming points it does take about 6-8 weeks to receive the voucher for the package you have selected. Once you receive your voucher if you booked with a travel agent then you would need to submit your voucher to the travel agent. If you booked your cruise directly with Royal Caribbean then you would then contact them and advise that you have a special voucher for the Royal Caribbean Rewards if you have any problems with getting the voucher applied you will need to contact Customer Service at 1-800-529-6918 and they will be able to further assist you. Please do not get discourraged with Royal Caribbean over this issue.

Good Luck and Best Wishes to you on your furture cruise with Royal Caribbean Cruises.

Hapygrl : )
Old December 9th, 2003, 06:23 PM
DonD

Default Re: Re: R C L Credit Card Rewards . . . . .

Thank you all for the information.

MBNA (credit card company) just called me back as promised and said that they will be sending me three $50 vouchers that should arrive in 6-8 weeks and I am to fill out the back of them and then mail them to RCL with all the information. Hopefully they will make this process easier in the future. Maybe they could have you do it online with your booking number and just have the credit applied to your Sea Pass account.

As for now I think my problem is solved. I like everything taken care of before boarding the ship and filling out the documents online has been fantastic in my last few cruises.

Happy cruising to all, DonD
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Suanne

Default Re: Re: Re: R C L Credit Card Rewards . . . . .

Wow! I have called MBNA and they told me you could only get one reward from each catagory! We are leaving on the Rhapsody on the 28th (to late to do anything now) and way back when I called because I wanted to get several $50 credits, the lady on the phone told me only one per sailing! I've got over 30,000 points and we have decided to keep going until we reach the "Free" cruise for 7 days. Hope I don't have any problems redeeming points for that one. But by the time I rack up 125,000 points the system should be well in place! Have fun on your cruise and happy spending!
Susie