Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to cruiseprincess0708 Send a message via MSN to cruiseprincess0708
Default Bermuda

Has anyone been on an RCI cruise to Bermuda?? We are planing a big trip for the famliy and wanted to know some oppinons.
Thanks for your help
Jenna
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2003, 05:37 PM
PBP

Default Re: Bermuda

I haven't been on an RCCL ship but I have been several times on Celebrity ships, so if you have questions about Bermuda, I'll be happy to try to answer.
PBP
Old December 11th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm seriously considering a Bermuda cruise on the Nordic Empress in early June, so I'd appeciate any info as well. I've been to Bermuda on our honeymoon and it's a great place, and cruising is also great, so I think that the combination of the two would be a super deal. Also, since I've never been to New York, I think it would be awesome to sail out of that port.
Old December 12th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

My TA just told me that the cabins on the Nordic Empress are quite small. I'm considering Celebrity for the Bermuda trip
Old December 20th, 2003, 07:13 AM
glalonzo

Hello....

I cruised on the Nordic Empress to Bermuda a few years back and have to say I would never do it again. Keeping in mind everything in cruising is personal preference.

I did not care for the Nordic's layout whatsoever and I thought the ship was filthy. It was the only ship that I ever walked out of certain areas because of the uncleanliness.

Also, there new itinerary to Bermuda (Kings Wharf and St. George) is not, in my opinion, a very good itinerary. If you have never been to Bermuda before I highly suggest you find an itinerary that includes Hamilton.

I have cruised to Bermuda 22 times (My husband and I got married there too) so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:39 PM
Yeoman

The Celebrity Horizon has the best itinerary for Bermuda out of all the cruise lines. It stays in Hamilton for three days and you are there for the Wednesday night street fair.

The dining room food is fabuluous on this ship. Every night was great.

Word of advice, from past experience... don't get a cabin under the kitchen galley (Cat 8 and 9 in the aft of the ship) you will hear things banging and rolling all night, also you will hear vibrations and noise from the engines.

Look into the upper decks either the Atlantic or Bahamas deck on this ship or the Florida or Europa (lower) in the bow (front) of the ship.
Old December 30th, 2003, 10:47 AM
tick1946

I have sailed to Bermuda 5 times. I am thinking of it again this year----I would like to try the NCL Crown. It is a throw back to the old steam ships and has large rooms and smaller passenger capability for better service. It has been refurbished and does all the ports. It is the only one that will be in St. Goegre the night of their street festival along with being in Hamilton for their festival night. It does spend a day at the dockyard---which is a bit of a bore, but you can take the ferry back to Hamilton if you wish. I have also done the Celebrity Line and would recommed either the Zenith or Horizon along with the Crown. If you have any other questions let me know.
Old December 30th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Dr Bob

The Nordic Empress was a ship that was to be built for Admiral Cruise Lines which was bought out by RCCL and finished by RCCL. The ship was intended and built for short 3 and 4 day cruises to the the Bahamas and does not have great speed. The majority of cabins are on the small size. The show lounge and two story dining room are very nice. The rest of the ship is under decorated. It has a fairly simple layout so people on a short 3 day cruise would learn their way around quickly. If you cannot live without a balconey to Bermuda take this ship, since the balconey cabins (one deck has balconey cabins) are comfortable in size. If you can live without a balconey take the Horizon. The cabins, the decor, the dinning room, and the service are far superior on the Horizon. Have cruised on both, take the Horizon.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:27 PM
Kappy

Took RCCL in 96' to Bermuda and loved it. Probably the best port around. We took a 7 day cruise aboard a ship that no longer sails, Song of America, out of NY. STopped at St. Georges and Hamilton. Hamilton has a great horse and buggy ride tour, not thru the ship.

We also took a taxi tour around the island.

Best tip. Take a taxi in Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay Beach, if you like beautiful beaches and cliffs. It is a short cab ride and it has places to change. We have great pictures from there.

Enjoy!