Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2003, 10:04 AM
khevann

Default Paying for onboard activities?

Just talked to a couple that just returned from their honeymoon aboard the Explorer. They said they would not cruise again and was very bored by the 4th day. They said you have to pay for all onboard classes/activities such as spinning/exercise, crafts, wine tasting, etc.
Do you have to pay for all activities other that nightly shows ? If so, I will be very disappointed!
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Paying for onboard activities?

You don't pay for the nightly shows, the cruise price includes the entertainment. Don't know what your friends are talking about but all of the classes, demonstrations, wine tastings, galley tours, etc. I've done were free. The gym and spa are free.

You pay for liquor, beer, soda, specialties, photographs, some coffees, souveniers, massages, hair cuts.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 17th, 2003, 11:40 AM
jlynd

When we were on the Explorer there were a couple of exercise classes each day that cost extra and they were well marked in the daily compass. There is also a fee for winetasting. I did not feel the need to participate in the few activities that cost extra and I was busy 24/7 on that cruise and I still did not get around to doing some of the free things that I wanted to like the ice skating, minigolf and rock climbing wall. I can't wait until we go on the Voyager in February so I can try to fit in some of the things that I missed on the Explorer. I hope this helps!
Old December 22nd, 2003, 03:05 PM
ArubaForLife

I think your friends are crazy! There is SO much to do onboard, and 90 percent of it is free. Some exercise classes have a fee (Spinning is $10), but who cares? There are so many other things to do, you will not get bored. We didn't even make it to the rock climbing wall until the last day of the trip, that's how busy we were!
Old December 23rd, 2003, 10:22 AM
browezilla

Also consider the itinerary. Some itineraries have much less time on land and more at sea. Some Eastern Caribbean itineraries are this way. If you are concerned with getting bored on ship, choose an itinerary that has a lot of stops at interesting islands (S. Carib).

I won't repeat what others above have said, but most activities are free as are the food, drink, and entertainment. You can definitely go on board and have a great time without spending any extra money other than the tips. However, there are some specialty services that do cost extra as others here have pointed out. RCCL's site is pretty good on explaining these. Rest assured you won't feel deprived if you don't partake in the specialties.