Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2004, 08:43 PM
Beginner

Default Cruise Virgins!!

My wife and I are cruising for the first time. Navigator/April 3. My 40th birthday. Any tips or ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2004, 09:10 PM
Chig

Default Re: Cruise Virgins!!

Me, too! I'm a cruise virgin! We sail on Friday, Jan.11th. I'd say the best advice I could give is to read, read, read. These boards have taught me how to pack, what to pack, what to wear, what excursions are great (and not so great), how to book my excursions, etc!! Just keep reading! **
--Chig
Old January 3rd, 2004, 10:35 PM
Miss Em

Make sure you go with fun people. It would be even better if you paid for their cruise!!
Happy Birthday you Old Fart!!
Old January 4th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Cruise Virgins!!

That would be Antique Flatulence to you!
Old January 4th, 2004, 01:44 PM
D Walstead

Default Re: Re: Re: Cruise Virgins!!

We sailed the Navigator in Jan 2003. You will love her!!!!! Say hi to Captain Bang, he is a great guy to talk to and very informative. Bon Voyage!!!!! Try to get on the Doubloon to Turtle Cove in St Thomas if your itinerary is to that island. The crew is awesome and say hi to Bert and Company from Colorado. We will be going with them on our cruise in Feb. You won't be dissapointed I promise the snorkeing is fabulous and the turles are soooooo cute.

Voyager 2001
Inspiration 2002
Navigator 1/2003
Elation 5/2003
Voyager 11/2003
Adventure 2/2004
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:34 PM
First Mate

Chig--It's probably a typo, but Jan. 11 is on Sunday, not Fri. Coming soon in any case.
DWalstead, when in Feb. are you sailing on the Adventure? We are going Feb. 8. Flying in to San Juan on the 7th. Can't wait!!!
Congrats to all cruise virgins!! That's what we were 2 years ago and became totally hooked immediately. You will, too!!
Dawg--love that euphimism! Antique Flatulence--lol

Explorer E. Carib. 1/12/02
Explorer W. Carib. 1/18/03
Summit Alaska cruise/tour 8/3/03
Adventure S. Carib. 2/8/04
Old January 5th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Chig

Kathie, I keep getting the dates mixed up. We are leaving this Friday (the 9th) to spend 2 days with my Aunt and Uncle in Cocoa. Then we cruise on Sunday, the 11th. I'm so excited I can't think straight!
--Chig
Old January 5th, 2004, 08:29 AM
dee-lynn

now there's a word!!! I guess that makes us ( hubby & I ) virgins too...!!! We can't wait for our cruise aboard the Brilliance on March 29/04. Bon Voyage!!!
Old January 5th, 2004, 11:46 AM
LYDELL @ BILLIE DAUSTER

We have only been on two cruises but here are some tips. Passpore or notarized birthcertificate and picture ID. Medicines in prescription bottles. Lots of sun block. Wife said take advantage of all the fabulious sunsets. Do things. Dont worry about making a fool of yourself, no one cares anyway. Eat, drink and be merry. Go snorkeling at every chance you get and go PARRASAILING at least once. EAT, EAT, EAT. Cruise food is free of carbs and calories and fat . T herefore doesnt count in life. Have fun. Do all the Free stuff. Take your film. Go to the dining room. You meet fabulious people that way. By the way what does DD mean in your post. Ive seen it before. Im computer challenged.
Old January 5th, 2004, 07:53 PM
D Walstead

We are on the same sailing. W are getting into San Juan on the 6th and then will be flying out on the 16th. We are staying at the Mariott Stellars. We are going with nubies that are friends of ours, great couple and fun to hang out with (we are too). Lets figure out a way to get connected either in San Juan or on board. Let me know by e-mail at GoatPro@aol.com
Old January 5th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Chig

Dauster- "DD" means dear daughter. :-)

Also, I've read that you can pack your vitamins, supplements *and* prescription meds in one of those weekly pill holders you pick up at the pharmacy. I sure hope that's the truth because I take quite a few supplements and I buy them in large bottles at Sam's Club. Heck, if I took them all in their original containers I'd sure use a lot of room!

--Chig
Old January 6th, 2004, 12:51 PM
LYDELL @ BILLIE DAUSTER

We have learned to take all meds. in their original bottles( buy small travel size for the non prescription bottles.) Then put all your meds. in a big baggie so they can easily see them. You just have to take the pill box empty. Stuff sox and other clothing in your shoes or other open items . Don't try to put the pills in the pillbox! Also a plastic shoe bag that hangs on the door will fit on the bathroom door and add a lot of space. Anything else?