Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2004, 09:21 PM
kahliasmom

Default where do old posts go

I am really bummed that the post from the waiter about tipping is gone. Is it gone forever? I was reading some of the posts and wanted to read the rest, it was so long.
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: where do old posts go

I guess when some subjects get out of hand or have too many posts, they are removed. This one was probably ready for the trash heap.
Old January 5th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Parrot Mom

Wondering when they were going to "pull" that thread... it was getting as nastier and nastier.. Thanks to the moderators for that.....
Old January 5th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Re: where do old posts go

Thank you all for notifying us when posts go crazy! We have a little link on every post that says "report this message" that tells us right away when something violates our guidelines. We can "condone" negativity when it is cruise related and has truth and validity, but we do not condone off-topic nastiness. This is a CRUISE site after all. I guess you can tell it's an election year.

And just for the record, here are the guidelines:

Rules of Conduct for the CruiseMates Message Boards

CruiseMates encourages active and open debate among our members. All we ask is that it's done in a lawful and civil manner. Accordingly, you agree to use CruiseMates for lawful purposes only. You may not use or allow others to use your computer to:

Post or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;

Post or transmit any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright, or trade secrets) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);

Post, transmit or link to sexually explicit material;

Impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;

Post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation including chain letters and pyramid schemes;

Intentionally violate the laws, rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the national, or other securities exchanges especially and including the rule against making false or misleading statements to manipulate the price of any security;

Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site;

CruiseMates may at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion, remove any post or picture. You agree to indemnify CruiseMates and hold us harmless from any actions, claims, proceedings or liabilities. You're responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name. So please don't disclose your password to anybody. If it has been lost or stolen, let us know as soon as possible and change it immediately.

Post Edited (01-05-04 12:08)
Old January 5th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Re: where do old posts go

Thank you all for notifying us when posts go crazy! We have a little link on every post that says "report this message" that tells us right away when something violates our guidelines. We can "condone" negativity when it is cruise related and has truth and validity, but we do not condone off-topic nastiness. This is a CRUISE site after all. I guess you can tell it's an election year.

And just for the record, here are the guidelines:

Rules of Conduct for the CruiseMates Message Boards

CruiseMates encourages active and open debate among our members. All we ask is that it's done in a lawful and civil manner. Accordingly, you agree to use CruiseMates for lawful purposes only. You may not use or allow others to use your computer to:

Post or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;

Post or transmit any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright, or trade secrets) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);

Post, transmit or link to sexually explicit material;

Impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;

Post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation including chain letters and pyramid schemes;

Intentionally violate the laws, rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the national, or other securities exchanges especially and including the rule against making false or misleading statements to manipulate the price of any security;

Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site;

CruiseMates may at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion, remove any post or picture. You agree to indemnify CruiseMates and hold us harmless from any actions, claims, proceedings or liabilities. You're responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name. So please don't disclose your password to anybody. If it has been lost or stolen, let us know as soon as possible and change it immediately.

Old January 5th, 2004, 02:16 PM
kahliasmom

Thanks. I guess it was getting kind of personal. A topic like tipping can get personal or political, when people express their strong opinions.
Old January 5th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kahliasmom,
Yes, t his thread was going down the tubes, so to speak, so I deleted it. Tipping has always been a touchy subject, but it was getting very personal and abusive to others, which is a violation of posting here, which Paul has spelled out for us. Just hope you understand why its not here anymore...

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 5th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Parrot Mom

Tried to report that thread, but told I wasn't registered... Where do you register?