Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2004, 12:29 PM
collie

Default Favorite St. Maaten activity?

Hello,
My husband and I are sailing on the EOS in May with a stop in St. Maarten. We are debating on the 4 x 4 jeep Safari vs the America's Cup Sailing. Has anyone done either of these? Do you have any other favorites?
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Favorite St. Maaten activity?

Hi Collie,
We've done the America's Cup in St. Maarten and loved it. Last trip we did the Rhino boats and that too was lots of fun. Been also over to Orient Beach, another good beach day, but if you haven't done the America's Cup, I'd suggest that and be sure to sign up early, that does sell out quickly.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 11th, 2004, 12:38 PM
First Mate

shopping, shopping and more shopping!
Old January 12th, 2004, 04:05 PM
itsofficial

Orient Beach ... they have all watersports and of course clothing is optional.
Old January 13th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Favorite St. Maaten activity?

Collie -

We went on the 4 X 4 jeep safari in St. Maarteen in November and it was the highlight of our trip - well worth the money and you make stops at two beaches (including Orient Beach), Marigot for shopping and Fort Louis for an awesome view of Marigot and the bay. The jeeps were automatic so they were easy and fun to drive.

Melissa
Old January 13th, 2004, 10:11 AM
collie

Melissa, did you book the Jeep tour through RC or with a private company?

After much discussion with hubbie (mostly me discussing because I seem to be much more EXCITED about our upcoming vacation) we think we are going to do the 4 x 4 tour. I hadn't thought much about motion sickness...on our last cruise (first one!) I used the patch because I tend to get motion sick from just about any king of motion!! The patch worked great throughout our trip except when we went on a snorkling tour in Belize...boy did I get ill when we were floating out in the wavey water and did not feel better until I set foot back on land (or maybe it was the Meclizine) It must have been the different type of motion...Anyway, I'm sure too much info for all of you.
Old January 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM
mrf

i also went on the 4x4 safari. it was the best tour i have ever been on and it is well worth the money. the guide took us to two differnt beaches, to the french capitol, and to every other inch of the island. he would stop at every hill and let people get as many pics of the island as they wanted to. we booked the tour through RCI. we had no problems at all. this tour is well worth every penny.

the jeeps are automatic and they put four people in each jeep. the people in the back seat can sit up ontop of the seats and look out over the roll bar.

mike