Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:43 PM
kala

Default RC Splendor of the Seas

If anyone has any feedback on the Splendor of the Seas ship I would appreciate. We're taking our two kids on spring break cruise to Cozumel in March. This will be our first cruise ever. Any insight into the ship or any shore excursion would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: RC Splendor of the Seas

Hi Kala,

We're going to be on the Splendour in April on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel. Just went on our first cruise in August and had so much fun, I booked the next one the day we got back. This is our first time on the Splendour but I have heard that she is a beautiful ship!

How old are your kids and what do they like to do? That might help with suggestions for shore excursions. How much do you want to spend?

Are you driving to Galveston? If so I can give you suggestions about parking etc.

Old January 12th, 2004, 06:31 PM
kala

Default Re: Re: RC Splendor of the Seas

Yes we will be driving to Galveston. We live near Beaumont which only a little over an hour away. My friends have went before and said to park at the Dolphin ??.place. My kids are 12 and 5. I really want to take them snorkeling, but most places I've seen put an age limit that would exclude my 5 year old.
Old January 12th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Passenger

Definitely use the Dolphin parking lot! You'll love it. You really can't miss it as they have signs and people everywhere and a person in a dolphin costume. It's a little more expensive ($5-$10 for entire time) than the port of Galveston parking but you don't have to drop your luggage and someone to guard it at the terminal, go park, then catch a shuttle back. They take you and your luggage to the terminal. They help you load it, they help you unload it. Same thing when you get back. They pick up you and your luggage and take you to your car. It was great! We live in Fort Worth, so It's about a 5 hour drive for us, yuck!

What if you snorkled by yourself at Chankanaab Park? (I mean rather than booking a tour) They have a big snorkeling area. I don't know if they limit who gets into the water. It's $10 per person admission to the park. I found a web site that says "children free" but doesn't say what ages. Also, Dolphin Discovery has a "Dolphin Encounter" program that your 5 year old could do (accompanied by a parent). It's where you see the dolphin perform and get to pet and kiss the dolphin while you stand on a platform. The website for them is: http://www.dolphindiscovery.com/encounter.htm

I did find something that the minimum age is 4 for the snorkeling tour. If you want, I can e-mail it to you. Since it's a shore excursion booking service, I'm not allowed to post it on here. It's called Trimaran Snorkel Excursion (anyone been on that one?) I can also e-mail you on where you can find some pretty cool pictures of the Splendour.

Old January 14th, 2004, 08:15 PM
kala

Default Re: Re: RC Splendor of the Seas

Anyone else have any experience on the Splendor of the Seas?
Old January 15th, 2004, 09:47 AM
First Mate

I was on the Splendour this past Thanksgiving for a 12 day Panama Canal Cruise out of Galveston. I stayed at the Harbour House the night before and left my car there for the entire cruise for $12.00. The ship is about 8 years old, but other than the min. golf course it was in fairly good shape. Some of the furniture in the staterooms were aging, but it looked like they were replacing gradually. The day we got on they were replacing some carpet. The crew was friendly and the food was adequate. The entertainment was good. Plenty to do while on the ship. You will enjoy it. If you have more specific questions, just let me know.

OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Old February 18th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Vince Kile

Hey , my wife and I are going on our first cruise as well on March 1st on the Spledour , what dates are you going , maybe we could meet or if its later that month let you know how ours went ! Let me know !
Old February 18th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Passenger

I'm going on March 29th and I'd love to hear about your cruise when you get back Vince

Old February 19th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Passenger

Me and my family are going on it, on dec. 11