Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Bringing Soda Onboard RCCL?

Quick question! Does RCCL allow guests to bring soda onboard? I know they do not allow you to bring beer, but what about a 12 pack of Coke?

Thanks for your help!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2004, 12:38 PM
tigger1

Default Re: Bringing Soda Onboard RCCL?

good question if that's the case.....I'd like to know if juice is okay to bring....especially since my daughter and husband really can't handle too much sugar.

Thanks....hadn't even thought about that possibility.
Old January 13th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Bringing Soda Onboard RCCL?

We always take a 12 pack of Pepsi with us and have never had any problems.
Old January 13th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just had diet coke with us on Vision of the Seas, had no problem.
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:58 AM
natross1

So, should I just carry it on out in the open or put it in my bags? Do you only drink it in your room, or can I take a can to the pool?

Thanks for the great info...we leave sat!!! I am so glad I found this website, I have learned so much over the last few weeks!

Nat
Old January 14th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Nyly

On our last cruise, Serenade of the Seas, we bought 2 six packs at the pier store and just carried it on board in the plastic bag they sold it to us in. We mixed drinks in our room and put them in travel mugs. We brought those out to the pool. Never had a problem.
Old January 14th, 2004, 03:42 PM
SyrRealtor

Default Re: Re: Bringing Soda Onboard RCCL?

Is there a convenience-style store at the pier in Miami?
Old January 14th, 2004, 04:54 PM
mrf

Default Re: Re: Re: Bringing Soda Onboard RCCL?

we brought cases of beer and coke onto the ship without any questions at all.
Old January 14th, 2004, 04:54 PM
ACruisingWeWillgo

In the past I have taken a case of Pepsi on the ship as a carry on, never a problem.

I would carry it on, don't put it in your luggage Ive seen many a piece of luggage flying through the air, as the cabin stewarts load the elevators.

Have Fun,

Scott
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:55 PM
natross1

WOW, that is amazing....so if I get the guts to bring beer on board....are there refrigerators in the rooms ?

Thanks for the great info!
Natalie

** Sailing away on Sat 1/17 Explorer....
Old January 16th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Yes there is the "pay fridge" which is maintained by the cabin steward, But they are small / limited and thankfully no automatic reception billing sections on take out . The steward checks usage, bills your cabin and replaces content daily

So I would recommend

Tell your cabin steward to empty the fridge of overpriced water, soft drinks, beer etc as you do not want them.

Then bring your own on board, bottled soft drinks, water are not a problem, but remember everything goes through some sort of metal detector when you come back onboard (Airline conveyor style or personal walk through), so metal will flag. And they will question and I've seen conviscation of spirits and canned beer, to be reclaimed at the end of the cruise.

Yes they will do this, as thats how they make money, your bar tab

Glass or plastic is better, but for safety buy only brand names in ports visited.

We got our steaward to empty the fridge, so we could stock with our drinks and bottled water as I will not drink warm recycled water from the ship or pay their inflated prices for bottled
Old January 17th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Trudi

We just got back from a cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. We brought a 12 pack of coke and bottle of rum in our carrying on bag and had no problems. We also brought a case of beer in a suitcase (bought in San Juan) and also had no problems. It was very nice to come back from an excursion and have a cold beer waiting for my husband. Hope this helped.