Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2004, 02:10 PM
my $.02

Default Serenade - SOuthern

Has anyone taken this cruise? 6 ports in 7 days, that looks like a great cruise. We are thinking about booking it for next Jan, but I would like some feedback if possible.
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Serenade - SOuthern

what are the ports? just did southern this year on Adv. of the Seas.
Old January 14th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Nyly

Default Re: Serenade - SOuthern

We just took the Serenade this past November. It was awesome!!! I would go again in a heartbeat. The only port that I did not like was Virgin Islands. That was because we didn't do an excursion and we weren't into the whole shopping scene. Plus it was a Sunday so everything closed early. We stayed a few days extra in San Juan which was so much fun. Definately go on this one!!!
Old January 17th, 2004, 02:37 AM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Re: Serenade - SOuthern

Great itinerary. Lovely ship (esp. the Solarium at night!). We had lousy weather when she did her first southern itinerary Nov. 8. But luckily it wasn't bad for Barbados and St. Lucia. We did the 4wheel drive tour over to Bathsheba and all around on Barbados and it was a blast! Something very different for us in l5 cruises. GREAT scenery, too. In St. Lucia, we went on the snorkeling/diving/lunch trip to Anse Chastenet - right by the pitons, which are not to be missed. (Tip: Scuba St. Lucia runs that trip so that day you cannot book them on your own. Also, the dive and snorkel trips are listed separately, but they are the same on the full day trip.) Our ship capt. did purposely go past them upon our departure, but by then it was dark. The ride there on the boat/tour during the day was stunning and the pitons ARE what everyone sees in pictures of St. Lucia. We had been to St. Maarten before (Orient Beach is beautiful!) and San Juan (been all over there - from one side of the island to another. I'd advise staying some extra time there and renting a car). In St. Thomas just about anything is great but if you are a first timer, take the trip to St. John's Trunk Bay beach to snorkel. The ferry over is very scenic and you see some of the little town of Cruz Bay. You will return in time to shop in St. Thomas for a bit. Have fun!