Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Passenger

Default navigator or splendour with kids

Can someone give me some advice on choosing an Rccl cruise, with 4 kids: ages 5 to 14. I'm sure they would love all the activities on the Navigator, but I think my husband and I would much prefer the smaller ship and sea scapes of the Splendour. We would like to stay away from crowds and line ups. Is there enough for the kids to do on the Splendour (it would be their first cruise)?
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2004, 05:01 PM
ACruisingWeWillgo

Default Re: navigator or splendour with kids

When are you thinking of cruising? If the kids are out of school either ship would be great. If your going during school ,I would pick the Navigator better chance there will be more kids on board.

Took the Voyager two years ago could'nt get my kids out of the kids program, they loved it.

Have Fun,

Scott
Old January 27th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Beginner

Default Re: navigator or splendour with kids

Hi,
I am also wondering if there will be enough for the "kids" to do on the Splendour. We are planning a family cruise (15-17 of us) that includes 7 kids. The range is what concerns me. There is one age 11, and the rest are 15 through 19. We are looking at the January 2, 2005 cruise. Do you think there will be other kids on board for the 11y/o to meet and will the activities be as good as when you cruise during peak times? Should we look into a different RC ship? Thanks!
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:51 AM
tigger1

Default Re: Re: navigator or splendour with kids

Hi there. We will be sailing on Splendour on November 27, 2004 out of Tampa, we also have a party of about 15.....everything I've read from seasoned cruisers, leads me to believe we will have a wonderful time on this beautiful ship. We also have a 10 yr. old and 3 teens 18, 19, & 19. We are sailing to West. Carrib.

When we do come back we will most definitely post our review......hope this helps.

Tigger1

PS....have been waiting to hear back from all those folks who have sailed on the Splendour also.....thanks.
Old January 27th, 2004, 02:52 PM
firefighter pete

Default Re: Re: Re: navigator or splendour with kids

We took a group of kids aged 18 months, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 21, 24 years old and they all LOVED Navigator! My kids said "IT WAS THE MOST FUN THEY EVER HAD IN THEIR LIVES!" (17 & 21) Ship is huge, and lines are not as bad as you think. There were lines on every ship I've taken, and Navigators seemed quicker and fewer.