Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Passenger

Default Internet ala carte?

I have a question about RCI's cabin internet connections. I've read here that for approx. $100 per week a passenger can activate an in-cabin connection. At the risk of sounding like a complete workaholic, can you tell me whether it's possible to activate the connection only for Monday-Friday, and if so, what the charge would be? Is the connection any faster than the connections in the Internet Cafe? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Internet ala carte?

We did the southern caribbean last year and brought my daughters lap top along. It is a $100 flat price. I understand about the workaholic comment. My husband owns his own business so I want checking constantly for emails with problems. Sure enough had a problem that took me 1 hour and $150 later from a pay phone on the pier in St. Lucia. $7 per minute charge. I don not know if the connections are any faster in the cafe only used in my room.

I was told by my TA that they may stop offering in cabin connection due to safety issues with people carrying their lap tops on board. You may want to double check. Let me know we are cruising Europe this June and I was going to tote the lap top again.

It has to be the slowest dial up I have ever seen. Could only get connection at the ports. Did Norwegian 02' and got connected all the time while we were at sea. I don't know what the difference was. Norwegian was a lot faster also. We were on the Adventures this past cruise.