Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2004, 02:02 PM
First Mate

Default Info about 4 day on Monarch

Hi,

I'm looking for as much info as I can find on the 4 day on Monarch out of LA:

Which night is formal night?
What are the menus like each night?
Anyone who took their kids, what was the program like and how many nights could the kids go to dinner with camp counselors?
Can you recommend any excursions?

thanks

Margie
Monarch 2/23/04
Mariner 4/11/04
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Info about 4 day on Monarch

Hi Margie,

We were on the Monarch Jan 5th ... my 11th cruise, and I would sail her again in a heartbeat.

To answer your questions ...

* Tuesday is formal night

* Menus were very varied ... I had shrimp scampi, cod one night, prime rib and leg of lamb

* P.S. Don't miss on the second floor of the Windjammer -- there is pizza there and a deli place

* We have no kids but I took plenty of photos (in the gallery, just search my name) of the kid areas. Very nice! Two separate areas for the different age groups.

* Excursions -- In Ensenada, the wine country tour for $27 is a bargain. You can also book the Bufadora tour on the van from the pier for $13 a person. (They have shops and the blow hole there). In Catalina, at the center of town is a place to rent golf carts. Get there before noon and you get 3 hours for the 2 hour price. $60. The kids would probably enjoy that.

Hope that all helps.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 8th, 2004, 05:52 AM
liz edwards

hi mahirsh

we are also sail the monarch of the seas 23rd feb 04, we are travelling with our 16yr son, this is our first cruise out of america, maybe see you on board, look out for the aussi accent, we are flying in from brisbane australia.
Old February 8th, 2004, 05:59 AM
liz edwards

hi mahirsh

we are also sail the monarch of the seas 23rd feb 04, we are travelling with our 16yr son, this is our first cruise out of america, maybe see you on board, look out for the aussi accent, we are flying in from brisbane australia.