Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2004, 04:17 PM
my $.02

Default Radiance Class Aft - 1102

I just booked serenade and booked aft cabin 1102 (deck 10). However, I just realized that this is directely below the windjammer.

Can anyone tell me from experience if there is a lot of noise due to this? If so, I will pick another cabin.
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2004, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Radiance Class Aft - 1102

Hi My 2cents,
I too have a cabin like that on Voyager, 1388. I'm hoping since its at the end that we won't be bothered with noise. I'll let you know in a few weeks, but I'm thinking it won't be a problem, at least I sure hope so.

We did have an aft balcony cabin on Radiance last year and loved it. We did have a slight problem with the next door neighbors, being very loud at all times of the day and night, seems the sound proofing between the cabins wasn't as good?? Hopefully we will not have that problem this time. I didn't mind it until it was still going on a 3:00 to 5:00 AM, just not right.

Have a great cruise on Radiance, beautiful ship!

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 1st, 2004, 07:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Were on Radiance last Feb. underneath Windjammer Cafe. You;ll hear the dull thunder of the utility carts. Not enough to keep you awake at night or early A.M.
Old February 1st, 2004, 08:17 AM
my $.02

Donna,

Thank you for your reply. This cruise we will be going on is on the Serenade. Having cruised her before (and Brilliance) the sound proffing in those cabins vs. the Voyager class ships do not compare, MUCH worse on the Radiance class.

Wakka, Thanks for the replay. IF I can move to an aft on deck 9, I will. If not, we will live with it.
Old February 1st, 2004, 05:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Radiance Class Aft - 1102

Thanks my $.02,
It sure seem louder on Radiance than any other ship I was on, wasn't sure if it was because we were way back. So, we shouldn't have the problem on Voyager, unless its us making all that noise!

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:11 AM
my $.02

No, definately not. The Voyager class ships are very well sound proofed.