Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Yolanda

Default Radience of the Seas 2-29, Anyone else?

Hello!

Hubby and I are taking our first cruise the end of the month. I am so excited...this is actually our honeymoon...eight and a half years later!

We've saved our pennies...could have been sooner, but our six year old son has autism, and only in the past year has he been able to handle changes in his routines/people.

So...I can't wait, I can't wait! I've read a lot here and in other places, so I think I'm ready. I signed myself, Yolanda, and hubby, Tim, up for a Meet & Mingle after we disembark, and although it was done through Cruise Critic's, maybe I'll meet some of you there. Hubby and I are both late 20's. We are on Deck 7, late dining.

I think I've read enough advice, hints, and misc. info, so it doesn't have to be mentioned here. I'd like to get to know some of you...hopefully make some friends before I get on the ship. Hubby and I live in NE Ohio, originally from Northern Michigan. We've been here almost three years.

The last "real" vacation was before my son was born. We went to Florida and visited my mom and went to a few of the amusement parks. All other times we've had away from work were just trips to Northern Michigan, familiar people and places. My hometown area has plenty to offer, and we don't always want to share it with "fudgies" (tourists)

Are any of you on Deck 7, late dining? The only planned excursion we are doing is the morning Golden Eagle Island Sail Away on St. Maarten. The rest of the ports we're just going to "wing it", as hubby likes to say. Even just relaxing on the beach is enjoyable to me. We don't have all that much money to spend on extras, and with all that is included or available without costing a lot, why should we have to? I have read many people posting about saving up for a long time to get the very best; first class airline tickets, great hotel room, suite on the ship, four or more excursions.... We go to Michigan often, I miss my family and a vacation with them is easier with my son, and if doing so allows us only an interior cabin and one excursion, so be it. I'm jealous of many of you, but, hey, we all have our limits! I will enjoy mine!

I got a little carried away. Haven't been sleeping much because of this excitement that keeps building ever since the New Year and the realizition that in less than a month, I'll be on a 90,000 ton ship with swimming pools, games, activites, shows... and so much more my memory has neglected but can't be missed! I am also the only one awak right now; can't watch TV or read a book because I have to look at these message boards to read all that you've posted!

OK...I do need to go to bed...I can't stop my normal day until the morning of the 29th....People say cruising is addicting...and I think I'm addicted, and I haven't even tried it yet! (Maybe I should stop visiting these sites and viewing the pictures people post that just tease you something awful!)

Good night -

~ Yolanda

First cruise! Radiance of the Seas - Feb. 29 - 2004
Sponsored Links