Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Beginner

Default LOTS of questions - HELP!

Sailing 2/13 for 3 nights on Soveriegn.
Is there a final word on beverage cards and what liquids are free? With a 10 & 14 yr old is the bev. card worth it on a short cruise? Does it include virgin pina coladas (they love 'em)? Is there a "real" drink card? Is that worth it? If you sneak spirits on board will they be confiscated from your cabin if left unhidden?
How/when do we ask for a table for 4 for dinner?
What kind of shows/evening entertainment are on this cruise? Can the kids go to the shows?
How's the weather in early Feb? Are we likely to have rough seas?
Thanks for any info!
Jen
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: LOTS of questions - HELP!

You wrote:
Is there a final word on beverage cards and what liquids are free? With a 10 & 14 yr old is the bev. card worth it on a short cruise?

The cards are $6.00 a day. Here is the text from another post to explain better.
Donna Wrote: I just received this reply about the soda/juice card from RCCL today, its basically what I thought, we can still get juice in the windjammer for breakfast with no charge, its when you want juice at one of the bars:

Coffee, (except specialty coffees), tea, and milk are complimentary onboard all ships. Fruit Juices are complimentary in the dining/ Windjammer room; if served in lounges, there is a nominal charge.

Alcoholic Beverage Prices:

Beer: $2.95 and up
Mixed drinks: $4.95 and up
Frozen drinks: regular glass $4.95 and up; souvenir glass $6.95 and up
Wine per glass: $5.00 and up
Specialty coffee: $4.95 and up

Nonalcoholic Beverage Prices:

Glass of soft drink: $1.50 (24 oz. glass)
Can of soda: $1.75
Juices: $1.95 and up
Bottled water: $2.25 and up
Nonalcoholic Mixed drinks: $2.95 and up
Specialty Coffees: $1.95 and up

Note: All prices are quoted in United States Dollars (USD) and are subject to change. A 15% gratuity charge will be added to all bar and wine checks.

Does it include virgin pina coladas (they love 'em)? No virgin drinks are not included.

Is there a "real" drink card? There used to be, but RCCL has discontinued it, although I hear that some ships still have a supply of them, (been awhile, this is probably no longer true) Is that worth it? Yes it was, according to what you liked to drink.

If you sneak spirits on board will they be confiscated from your cabin if left unhidden? Not if the room steward wants a tip.

How/when do we ask for a table for 4 for dinner? Check with the head waiter first night. But unless your kids are monsters it might be more enjoyable to dine with others.

What kind of shows/evening entertainment are on this cruise? Can the kids go to the shows? Kids can go, mostly second rate singin' and dancin' (the shows have never impressed me). However, the guest participant shows are usually a hoot. (not-so newly wed game, Karaoke, quest, etc.)

How's the weather in early Feb? Are we likely to have rough seas? I didn't look up where your leaving from or going, so I can't answer, but no one controls mother nature.

Old February 5th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: LOTS of questions - HELP!

Thanks! We sail from Canaveral to Nassau to Coco Cay. I'm most looking forward to Coco Cay and have read that sometimes they stay in Nassau due to weather. Just wondered if that happens most during Jan & Feb. Guess we'll find out!
Old February 6th, 2004, 04:28 PM
jlynd53

We were in Nassau and CocoCay last year at this time. It was a little chilly for water activities but the seas were not rough at all. We did snorkel at CocoCay and really enjoyed it - but - we headed back to the ship when we were done because the wind made it too chilly when you were wet. If you would like to see pictures of Nassau and CocoCay I have a Majesty photo album at http://community.webshots.com/user/jean_lynd

The soda cards are $6/day for adults but $4/day for kids. Now that sodas are $1.75 a can if they will drink more then 3 a day the card is worth it.

I hope this helps!
Old February 6th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do they have beer on tap or is bottle and can?

Thanks.........
David..................
Old February 7th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Yeoman

Hi RCL usually has beer on tap. I believe that it is mostly Anheiseur/Busch products though. My kids( who are 4 and 9 ) love the shows and yes, the weather may be chilly or it could be real hot. We hit 80 for a couple of days here in Fl. We have always brought a few 'spirits" on board and have never had a problem. Last trip we had our steward bringing us ice at 5 every night for cocktails and we also brought a small collapsible cooler for water, juice and soda ( that we brought on) Kids now however are saving for their own drink cards. Might be an incentive if you need one for anything. You will love it and the kids will be hooked
Anne

Caribbean Princess