Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Voyager Help

I am about to sail with Celebrity for the first time in May but my TA suggested I try the Voyager of the Seas out of NJ next year. Would anyone like to make a comment about this ship? It looks to big and impersonal. What about the inside cabins with windows. What are they like? What are the room sizes like compared to other ships and lines?

Looking forward to my next cruise.... 6/2005
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Voyager Help

The Voyager class ships are very good in that there is something for everyone of all ages and personalities onboard. The ship is huge with lots to do and see. The standard cabins are pretty small but well designed. Those inside cabins that overlook the interior "mall" are nice but you have to constantly remember to keep your curtians closed when you want or need privacy as those directly across from you can see in your cabin. Believe me, we all forget and it is embarrassing to realize that while you are standing there drying off or getting dressed you suddenly notice a dozen people staring at you from across the way! <VBG> I have cruised on the Explorer in 2001 and we will be onboard the Voyager in two weeks. They really are nice ships and yes, it think it would be a good choice.
Jim

Old February 10th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Jodi

I have been on the VOS and it is a beautiful ship. It is also going to be refurbished this
spring. It is a huge vessel. The service was outstanding and the food was great as well.
It can be a little impersonal but if you get the right crew members it can be quite personal.
I have been on Celebrity as well and found that the cabins are roomier on VOS. I haven't had an inside cabin with the windows overlooking the promenade but my TA has and he said it can get a little noisy when they have the Mardi Gras. Otherwise he said it was pretty cool people watching.
I am also going back on the VOS May 21, 2004 and I can't wait. We have a D1 category
which has the balcony and that is the same cat. we had last time we sailed her and we found the cabin to be quite roomy and the balcony was plenty big enough for us. We had 2 lounge chairs & a small table. It was great.
I believe the food is a bit better on Celebrity & they usually get 5 stars but you certainly would not starve on the VOS as the food was great.
Hope this helps and would definitely recommend sailing her. There is tons to do & am sure you would have a great time.

Happy sailing!!!!!
Old February 11th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Passenger

Will be there in 4 days!!! Yippi!!! Just a little excited here. We cruised on the Grand Princess in 2002, Carnival Triumph in 2003 and now we are going to try RCCL. I am expecting a lot. So far, we like the larger ships. I believe the Triump is 105k tons, the Grand is 109k tons and the Voyager is somewhere between 138k and 142k. I have read both. We can't wait!
Old February 13th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Voyager Help

Where did you get your information on the refurbishing of VOS in spring 04. I am going on VOS in June 04 and I had been concerned about some reviews saying the ship was looking a little worn.

Thanks for your reply.
Old February 13th, 2004, 12:53 PM
lscott

Frederick,

I went to a cruise seminar last week and the representative from RC told us before the Voyager comes to New York it will be refurbished. It will get new carpets and fixed up a bit. Its not getting the same work done that Nordic Empress is getting.

Leslie
Old February 17th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Voyager Help

Thanks so much for the info, we are sailing out of New York in June. I was happy to hear of the refurbishing because I have read recent reviews that say the ship is showing some wear & tear.

Thanks again.