Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2004, 08:45 AM
sid412

Default shore excursions: book early or wait

Just wondering if it is beneficial to book shore excursions before your cruise date or wait until onboard. We recieved a book from Royal Carribean listing the shore excursions and prices. We were thinking of doing kayaking and snorkling at Belize and/or Cozumel. Someone said it was better to wait because it's cheaper to book once you're there. Cheaper doesn't always seem better to me......I'd rather go with a trustworthy group and pay more. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: shore excursions: book early or wait

Hi Sid,
I've never noticed any difference in price between booking early or waiting until onboard. If there is one of those excursions you want to do, especially at a certain time if they have more than one, I'd go ahead and pre-book it on their web-site. You can always cancel by 24 hours before if you change your mind..

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: shore excursions: book early or wait

Before you book through the cruiseline, look around the internet to see what you can do on your own. I have had great luck doing things that the cruiseline is doing on my own. You should not be afraid to arrange for excursions or utilize a cab in order to do the things you want. It is cheaper to do things on your own, and then you are not one of the masses being driven to the beach that I have been at already for an hour. In some places like Belize City, it would be easier to book an excursion to do some snorkeling, but you are not limited to the excursions offered by the cruiseline. Look at www.shoretrips.com to compare the two sets of choices. Shoretrips is a great alternative, and you often times have significantly smaller groups. Many times the excursions are cheaper or longer through Shoretrips. There are lots of reviews for most of the excursions, so you don't have to take my word for it. Happy cruising!