Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2004, 05:10 PM
MOM 37

Default ATTENTION!!! LABADEE PORT CANCELLED!!!!

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!

I just found out that the Labadee port has been CANCELLED.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line cancelled it do to the uprising in Haiti. The port in Labadee is getting to close to the war. They are worried, and do to the safety of passengers, they decided to close that port.

They are deciding what to do.

1) Add another day at sea.

2) That they will take us to another port.

Royal Caribbean said that they will know more on Tuesday.

Keep checking with Royal Caribbean or their web site.

I just wanted everyone to be aware of this and keep an eye on everything going on right now!!!

Shannon
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: ATTENTION!!! LABADEE PORT CANCELLED!!!!

Shannon -

My husband and I just booked a cruise on Voyager for May 21 - and Labadee is one of our ports. We booked it this weekend, and no one said anything about this to us. Where on the website did you see the info - I can't find it.

Jessica
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Stacycruiser

We are to be in Labadee in December I was wondering if this was to come. I checked Royal Caribbean's web site and did not see anything. Please tell me where you saw this so I can keep my eyes open! I won't be happy if they don't replace it with another island.
Thank you for the heads up!
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:10 PM
ScottB

The press release is here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/pressr...-2004&prCode=A. It only addresses the next two weeks.

************************************************** ****************************************
Royal Caribbean International
Labadee Statement

Miami - February 13, 2004 - The top priority of Royal Caribbean International is the safety of its guests and employees. Because of this, the company has decided to cancel the next six port calls scheduled for Labadee, which occur over the next two weeks. Labadee is Royal Caribbean's private, isolated beachfront area on the northern coast of Haiti, which is on the island of Hispaniola. Although Labadee has been far removed from the recent unrest taking place in other areas of Haiti, the company feels this is the most prudent course of action. Royal Caribbean looks forward to resuming port calls in Labadee in the very near future.
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:48 PM
dee-lynn

Default Re: Re: ATTENTION!!! LABADEE PORT CANCELLED!!!!

We are scheduled to Be in laadee in April/04. I would really like to know what this means for our cruise. I will keep my eyes posted.
Old February 16th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Admiral

We should have the information posted in the "News" section of Cruisemates right after it is put out. Haiti has had civil unrest for over a hundred years and probably will have it for hundreds more unfortunately. I am confidant that RCI will keep up with all the available information and be fulid in the times they open and close this "private island" area. It normally is pretty detached from the rest of Haiti's problems but this uprising has reach some areas fairly close to Labadee so they are going with the better safe than sorry option.
Jim