Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2004, 07:31 AM
leann hoban

Default promonade cabins on the navigator

We are a family of five. Two boy's 14 and a girl 17. This will be our first cruise, thinking about the navigator. Kids would like the promonade rooms and then us across the hall. Does any one know if this would be the thing to do? Heard those rooms can be loud? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: promonade cabins on the navigator

I stayed on an atrium cabin on the Adventure of the Seas last year. I was on deck 8. The room was great, and noise was not a problem at all. You can watch all the parades and shows from your room. The noise during the parades won't bother you at all, and even if it did bother you, the shows will last for a very short time, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Other than that, tha promenade is very quiet. The main concern with people in these rooms is the privacy, as others can look into your room as well. But as long as you're very careful and REMEMBER to close the courtains while you change your clothes, it should be fine. I loved having a window overlooking the Promenade, rather than not having any window at all. Plus the room is not as dark as a regular inside cabin.
If I would go again in a Voyager class ship, I would definitely book an atrium cabin again. You'll love it!

Hope this helps.

first timer
Old February 17th, 2004, 01:58 PM
leann

Thank you for the advice. I think I will book this room. I just want our first cruise to be a great experience. Thanks, Le Ann
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Passenger

The one problem I see with your family is it is only a 2 person room. But I loved my atrium room.

Melissa
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to drjacktravel

Melissa is right. the atrium cabins are only 2-people cabins. We loved ours on the Navigator last Dec. jack & erlinda

Majesty of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas
Old February 18th, 2004, 07:11 AM
leann

I was thinking of getting a second room across the hall also. Then we would not be so crowded. I think it will be more expensive tough.
Le Ann
Old February 18th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are a family of 4 with a 14 yr old girl and a 16 year old boy. We have booked on the Navigator with a Promenade room for them, and a cabin directly across the hall with a balcony for us. This arrangement was highly suggested by our travel agent that we have known for years and who is aware of our preferences. The promenade room is an inside room with a window, so that makes the room a lot nicer than a regular inside room, and I believe the price is the same. Let me know which week you are going if you book.
Old February 18th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Kathy D
Default Re: Re: promonade cabins on the navigator

Hi, I've also booked three promenade rooms on the Mariner. We're on Deck six and judging from the deck plans, it looks like we'll be above some shops. I've heard it can be noisy if you're near the pub. The price per person is $20.00 more than the Category M inside, but to me it's worth it to have any kind of a window. I'll let everyone know how we liked ours.
Old February 18th, 2004, 03:58 PM
leann

I was thinking about the noise above the shops and maybe the rooms above those would be better. I can't wait to book my trip. On other boards Iv'e read you just have to becareful of dressing with the curtains open.
Old February 18th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Stacycruiser

You must have an adult...twenty five...in each room, unless the rooms connect. We are traveling on the Navigator in December and this is what we were told. As for the noise level, I asked a friend and she said the rooms were very quite.
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:30 AM
leann

Lyn,
I am thinkinking about next Easter march 26 or 27-05. Do you like the eastern or western. I've been to jamaica before but I've heard it's pretty scarry now and am not sure if I want to take the kids there. Never been to the eastern side before.
Le Ann