Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2004, 09:33 AM
clnscheffer

Default Enchantment of the Seas-W. Carib.

hi!

Has anyone done the 5 night W. Caribbean itenerary on Enchantment o/t Seas?

My husband and I are going Dec. 6, 04 for our first cruise. Just curious as to what it is like. The ports of call are Key West, Cozumel and Belize. We are especially excited about Belize.

Thanks in advance and God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2004, 01:25 PM
hcat

Default Re: Enchantment of the Seas-W. Carib.

Someone I work with is on it this week--will let you know We took a 7 day W carib on this ship & loved it--what a great ship
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:45 PM
seawench

Default Re: Enchantment of the Seas-W. Carib.

I just returned this morning from a 5-day trip on the Enchantment to the Western Caribbean.

Key West stop was brief [7 a.m. to 2 p.m.], as we didn't get off the ship till about 10 a.m.
There were 3 ships in port that day, and the streets were jammed!
I prefer KW in the off-season, and it's just not exciting early in the day. A lot more fun at sunset! :-)
We took the trolley ride, since our friends had never been to KW and wanted an overview.

Next day was Cozumel. We went to Playa Sol [beach] for the day. The weather was overcast & windy, so the sailboats, paddle boats, etc. were not available. I thought the area was pretty run down.
It looked like the people who had taken a Jeep safari had a lot of fun - I'd opt for something along those lines next time.
The downtown area of Cozumel has lots of shops/restaurants. We didn't have time to eat, but we did shop & bargain a lot!

The following day was Belize.
I took the "Tale of Two Cities" tour. Belize City is awful, in my opinion.
A lot of poverty, burglar bars on the windows of all the homes, etc. They never even let us off the bus to explore! From what our guide said, it's a very poor country with a crime & drug problem.
It was a 1-hour ride to the ruins - informative trip, good guides, but the ride was long. The ruins are impressive.
Friends took a riverboat safari trip and enjoyed it.
I think if I went again, I'd opt for one of the trips that takes you out of the city. Maybe snorkeling or something like that.

The ship itself is wonderful - great service, great entertainment. Our rooms were great too!!! We would definitely sail on this ship again.
I'm just not real thrilled with the itinerary.

SW