Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Cherryl

Default First Cruise Older Children Need Suggestions

We are booked on the RCCL Rhapsody for the May 9 sailing, and I was very worried to read that they were dropping Grand Cayman. I have booked the whole day for the Stingray City, Snorkling, and Beach Excursion. I thought it was something the whole family would enjoy. Something none of us have ever done. This is our first cruise and we are bringing all the kids. My oldest son will be 22, and my youngest is 18. We are also bringing the girlfriend and she is 19. (Kind of an adopted daughter). I hope there are many varied activities to keep them all entertained. Any ideas on what to do at the other ports?

All suggestions on what to do as a family and what to bring will be appreciated. We are from Oklahoma and the kids have only seen the water from Galveston last Spring Break. All our time was usually spent at the Baseball Field. We are all so excited and want to have a really good time.

Thanks
Cherryl

PS I have been reading all the suggestions and already writing down things that we shouldn't forget to bring.
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Bell

Default Re: First Cruise Older Children Need Suggestions

We took our two single daughters, ages 24 and 22, last May. Their first cruise, not ours, so I tried to do as much planning as I could. I over planned and forgot it was their vacation too. They tried really hard to keep up with all my plans and exspectations but there were many times it was'nt what they wanted to do. They closed the the clubs down every night and sometimes just needed a late morning or some down time. They had no problem meeting others their age or finding plenty to do on their own.
Just some reflection on my part and hopefully insight for you.
you will all have a great time
Happy cruising
Old February 20th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Eydie

Default Re: First Cruise Older Children Need Suggestions

Why are they dropping Grand Cayman?