Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:39 PM
First Mate

Default Mariner- Western Caribbean

We are going on Mariner in April to Western Caribbean and very excited about it. This will be our first cruise on Royal Caribbean. I have heard they have theme nights at dinner. Is this true? Does anyone know the themes so that I can pack appropriately? Also Any fun activity stuff on board that we should not miss? What is Quest? How is the cruise director on Mariner? Thanks Libby
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2004, 07:08 AM
dwafes

Default Re: Mariner- Western Caribbean

We sailed on the Explorer in January and they the theme nights were fairly low key, meaning while they had some theme events most of the passengers seemed to dress in non theme clothes.
Quest is a VERY adult scavenger hunt. It is held in the Ice Rink area and involves passengers forming teams of about 8-10 people (if you want to play must sit in lower first two rows) then electing one male/one female rep to come stand in front of team on ice rink floor (they cover the ice with boards). The Cruise Director then calls out an item/items to find. Your team members and everyone sitting directly behind them (all the way up the stand) are supposed to help you. The items start off tame but grow to articles of clothing. I won't say more as not to spoil for someone else. Even though the Cruise Director was quite clear about this being an evening for ADULTS as always there was those who brought kids or seemed to be surprised. I will say we had fun, even joined a few othes and made a team but we also knew what to expect. Don't think we saw any more and might say less than around the pool. We will be on the Marine March 21 and plan to attend again.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 12:48 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Mariner- Western Caribbean

I went on the Mariner in December and had a blast. Ive been on 2 Carnival ships (including Conquest) and 3 other RCCL ships. This was our first Voyager-class ship, and WOW. You will be STUNNED! Sorry, just want to get ya excited! But anyways, one of the themes were Caribbean night (which is the night of Jamaica). Thats one of the nights where it seems the whole ship plays along. I dont remember too many of the other theme nights, except in the dining room the menu has themes each night and the whole atmosphere (from music to waiters dress) is different. For example, the have Italian night, Caribbean night (which i mentioned before), and International night. If you plan to go to Chops or Portifinos, I'd suggest that on Caribbean night, when the menu doesn't have too many tasty selections. But deffinetly attend DUTS (Dancing Under the Stars), which is held top deck on Caribbean night. Have fun!