Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:59 AM
libbynan

Default problems at New Orleans

Read in this morning's paper that the mouth of the Mississippi is closed to ocean-going ships due to a supply ship sinking, blocking the channel, plus attempts to find the crew,etc. They said cruise ships were not being allowed to dock and, as yesterday was turnaround day, this sounds like a major mess. And Rhapsody was supposed to leave from Galveston yesterday to go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Since the river was closed on Saturday, RCI already knew they couldn't get into N.O., but how do you tell passengers who booked just to go to Mardi Gras that they can't? Do they offer to give them a different cruise at a later time or what? Also, what about passengers stuck on a ship that can't get into port that is running out of food,etc.? Has anyone heard what is going on?
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:26 PM
Jim B.

Default Re: problems at New Orleans

I was on the Conquest last week and we had to dock at Gulf Port Mississippi yesterday and ride a bus back to the terminal, it was a nightmare, hundreds of people missed their flights and all the other ones were overbooked plus no motel rooms either. My car was at the terminal so I was o.k......hope this helps