Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:14 PM
Greeneyes630

Default Red faced story

I have a red faced, learning a lesson in rudeness story. We took our 2 teenagers on a Carnival cruise in October. Of course the kids hooked up with other teens to hang with. One afternoon, we were walking around the deck / pool area looking for them. My daughter begged me to go down the slide with her. There were no chairs or tables to put my stuff. She and her new friend said I could leave my bag on their chair. There was no one around the 5 or so chairs they optioned to me. I choose a chair that was empty, no towel or other items. They were right by the end of the slide. My husband stood close to the chairs waiting to take a picture of us. Anyway the "new friends" grandmother and another woman returned. My husband said the talked loudly about the "bag" on their chairs. They considered putting it on the deck, moving it or whatever. They decided to leave it and confront the person on took their deck chair. My husband just chuckled, knowing they'd picked the wrong person to confront. Anyway, I came down the slide first, both girls were right behind me. I got out of the slide and walked to the "loner chair" . They lady immediately yelled about taking her family's chairs, how dare I put anything down. Before I could say a word my daughter, who this lady knew from hanging out with her granddaughter, came running over yelling, "mom wasn't it fun". Then her granddaughter came over. Her face was beet red. She went on to say, "don't you hate those people who steal chairs." She offered me a chair, saying that she reserved 3 extra, that no one was using. At this point she took a breath. It was my turn. I told the girls to go down the slide again so I could get a picture. I told this lady in no uncertain terms, that I hated people that are rude. I told her about jumping to conclusions, yelling at me when I was offered this chair. I explained in language and volume she could understand, that these chairs belong to Carnival not her.
I left her standing there, red faced and open mouthed!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Red faced story

Way to go Greeneyes!!!

I'm also one not to put up with a bunch of BS from a higher than mighty idiot.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 03:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to shubaby

you go!
you can have my chair anytime

p.s.
thats what you get for curising on carney!!!!!

Royal Caribbean/ Sovereign of the Seas 2000
Carnival/Fantasy 2001
Disney/Wonder 2003
S.O.S. JUNE 04
Old February 24th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Sea Wench

good for you!!!