Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:09 PM
Beth Baker

Default Water and soda... bring your own?

just wondered about the policy of bringing your own water and soda on board. I've been on other cruises where I've seen people carry on soda and water... curious if there is anyplace nearby to purchase it.... leaving out of miami
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Laira

Default Re: Water and soda... bring your own?

We brought an entire pullman filled with bottled water. No problem bringing it on board and made all the difference in the ports of call. They sell bottles of water getting off the ship for $2 each, so bringing it on yourself is a cheaper option. We just kept a couple of bottles in our ice bucket and the cabin steward was great about it. Besides, it's easy to get dehydrated at sea which makes sea sickness worse.
Old February 24th, 2004, 11:04 PM
First Mate

The water on the ship is just fine. We have used an empty water bottle and filled it up from the tap in our room to take on excursions. There is no reason for water paranoia on the ship.
Old February 25th, 2004, 01:16 PM
dow dow

we bought the soft drink card and it was plenty for us. However take several empty water bottles(no weight) in your luggage. Easier on your back. The water is good on the ship. Fill your bottles anywhere and take them with you. You can even crack some of the ice in your room for the bottle. Keeps the water colder while onshore.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 12:08 PM
jlynd53

We have a thermal jug that has a shoulder strap that we take on our cruises. We fill it with ice and then add water in the Windjammer at breakfast. We take it on our shore excursions and we have free ice cold water all day long. Also, take it to the pool on sea days. I hope this helps!