Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Passenger

Default Excursions in Bahamas

We are booked (yeah!) for the Majesty 4 nights leaving June 28. I was online and ready to book some excursions through Royal Caribbean but read here that if you book privately it is alot cheaper. I was looking online but am having a hard time finding private companies in the Bahamas, CocoCay and Key West. Anyone have any ideas of names of companies that do private excursions? Also, is it safe to book yourself, will they get you back to the boat on time? Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2004, 12:14 PM
hcat

Default Re: Excursions in Bahamas

No pvt companies at Coco Cay--it's a beach day--you can sign up for great snorkeling. In Nassau skip the Apidastra gardens--long ride there through not very impressive locales, smelly birds--time waster! (& I am an aviary lover generally) In Key West you really don't need a uunless you have a special interest.
Old February 26th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Excursions in Bahamas

We took our first cruise in 2002 to the Bahamas. As far as using a private company for the excursions, I've heard both good and bad stories, so I would suggest doing what you are most comfortable with. We did the dolphin encounter in Nassau and that was an experience I will never forget!! We also did the glass bottom boats and that was absolutely HORRIBLE...a complete waste of time and money! I've heard the Atlantis tour is good but we didn't have time to do that one.

Setting sail on Adventure of the Seas in: