Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2004, 02:18 PM
sid412

Default How long does it take to get off boat after you dock?

The talk of making it to an early flight on time makes me a little worried. We dock in Fort Lauderdale at 8:30 our flight leaves Fort Lauderdale at 11:22. Three hours seems like enough time, but are we being realistic? How long does it take to get off the boat once we reach the port? Can we just grab our luggage and go?
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2004, 01:38 AM
samij427

Default Re: How long does it take to get off boat after you dock?

We got off in about 30mins. But i think it was just b/c we had my baby bro with us. There for we got to get off with the wheelchair people. Taken my baby bro was the best b/c everyone was so willing to help with him. They where very nice.
Old February 28th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Michael and Joanne

If you go to guest relations with your airline ticket they will give you a priority place to get off the ship. I was in the third group to get off and was at the airport at 9:30 (I took a cab though instead of the transfer)
Old February 29th, 2004, 12:52 PM
DOW DOW

Dont bet on getting off early. You will end up buying extra tickets. Fly out a little later and enjoy the last day instead of ruining a great experience.
Old February 29th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Passenger

Found on the BOS the worst disembarcation ever..A father with a teenager in a motorized wheel chair asked about getting off and was told to "wait his turn" ..First priority seemed to be people taking excursions..
Old March 1st, 2004, 03:28 PM
Yeoman

Tell your cabin stewart that you need to get off early for a flight and he will give you tags for the first group leaving.
Old March 1st, 2004, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Sid,
You just never know, I'd say you have a good chance of making it....Recently off Voyager yesterday and I could of easily made a flight at that time, tried to get on an earlier flight and no luck. We were off the ship before 8AM, plus we flew American and only with American and only in Miami, you could check-in at the pier and send your luggage to the airport, they even had the x-ray machines at the pier, it was great!

I'd plan on just grabbing a taxi to the airport after you do get off, good luck and happy cruising!

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:04 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: How long does it take to get off boat after you dock

hey Donna, i'm heading on the VOS in 3 weeks as a first timer. Glad to hear you had a great cruise. Can you tell me if there are safe's in the room and if they have sweet tea? coke or pepsi products? It will be my son and i and we have so many questions. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: How long does it take to get off boat after you

Hi LD,
Yes to the safes in your cabin, you can set the 4 digit combo with what you want. Its small, but still large enough to get a camera in there if you want...

I know there are definitely "Coke" products, in fact the people with the coke cards had a nice coke bottle for their drinks for the week, me, I'm a Pepsi person, but I just drank iced tea all week and lemonade, which you can get for free in the windjammer during lunch... You can also get apple/orange juice in the Windjammer and main dining room for breakfast, no problem. They only will charge you for them if you order them through their bar service, but no charge if you purchase the soda/juice card.

You will have a ball on this ship, what itin are you doing? Just be sure to get your tickets for the ice show, the one show you \don't want to miss.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: How long does it take to get off boat after

thank you. we are doing the Western Carribean. Belize,Costa Maya, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. My son will be 11 so the cave tubing is out. We are both very excited. Any other recommendations you have? Tipping? We will definantly be doing the Ice show and swimming with the stingrays in G.C.
Old March 1st, 2004, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How long does it take to get off boat af

Hi Ld,
Ok, we just did that same itinary and really like it a lot. Yes to the Sting Rays in Grand Cayman, I'm sure your son will love it. Be sure to pick up an underwater camera at home before you leave. They will be double the price there..

Good snorkeling in Cozumel and there were some other snorkeling excursions in Belize if you can't do the came tubing there, but remember this is a fairly long tender ride depending on what tender you are on, the smaller boats were much faster, but held less people..

I just posted some Voyager pics, here is the link if you want to take a look:

My Voyager pics from Feb.22 sailing

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 2nd, 2004, 06:26 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How long does it take to get off boa

thank you but that just made me even more anxious to get going. Thank you to you and all of the cruisemates for all the information provided on this message board. I have been reading it everyday for two months now and the information you all have provided for first time cruisers has been such a BIG help. I hope to join you all on a "Cruisemates" cruise in the future. Happy Cruising"