Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2004, 04:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ambersue
Default Royal Caribbean's Island

My mom and I will be sailing on the ninth of May in the western Caribbean for her birthday and mother's day. I heard that Royal Caribben had cancled all stops to thier island because of the danger and political trouble going on there. Does anyone know anything about that, or if they have started stoping there again. Any information would be helpful!!

Amber

Serenade of the Seas 6/05
Mariner of the Seas 5/04
Voyager of the Seas 9/02
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2004, 04:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Royal Caribbean's Island

Just read in our Travel agent magazine that Brillance of the Seas will be stopping at CocoCay during this time and Mariner/Navigator/and Voyager will have a day at sea during this period.
It says, only for the next two weeks and then they will discuss options again if the unrest continues.
I read online today though that things seem to be settling down a bit...no changes that I've heard through the cruise lines though.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 06:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Royal Caribbean's Island

RCI has a private island which it owns & where it's employees are the only inhabitants -- Coco Cay. Stops there are a function of weather. You don't go if there are rough seas. There is no unrest at Coco Cay.

RCI also owns a private beach on the island of Haiti -- Labadee. Due to the unrest in Haiti RCI is no longer using it's private beach there. You get an extra day at sea, I think.