CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Labadee (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/233962-labadee.html)

crusguy March 3rd, 2004 06:50 PM

Labadee

RCCL just announced Labadee cancellations in March.
VOY 3/14, EX 3/13,NAV3/6 and 3/13, BRIL 3/8 and MAR 3/7 and 3/14

All go to Grand Bahama except the Navigater on 3/13 will go to Coco Cay

dee-lynn March 3rd, 2004 10:20 PM

Re: Labadee

any news on the Brilliance sailing March 29/04 for 11 nights?

Sheik March 4th, 2004 01:19 AM

Yesterday I got this mail.

Dear Mark

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that the situation in Labadee is looked at on a day to day basis and whether an alternative port of call is added or if there is a day at sea is up to the discretion of the captain.

Kind Regards
<name>
Info UK

Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruises
Telephone number 0800 018 2020

Sheik March 4th, 2004 07:50 AM

My travelagent just told me that we definetely don't go to Labadee. He told me that Labadee back in the itinerary from April. The Voyager is going to Grand Bahames for sure!

I'm a happy man!! :)

pjodr March 4th, 2004 08:47 AM

Any info on the NAVIGATOR March 20th western caribbean cruise? Heard a rumor it will be stopping in Bahamas. Do you know?

Sheik March 4th, 2004 08:56 AM

Sorry, I forgot one thing to mention. The Voyager is definitely going to Grand Bahamas, but if the ship cannot dock because of traffit, it will go to Coco Cay. The Navigator will go to Coco Cay, and If it's too crowded, it will go to Grand Bahames. Not bad at all. I'm glad to hear we're not going to Nassau :)

dspcentury March 4th, 2004 02:06 PM

Labadee is cancelled indefinitely!!! They have replaced it island depending what cruise you are taking. If you are taking VOS or EOS you will go to Nassau, Bahamas. This is subject to change. I guess it has to do with the unrest island. I hope this helps.

David.............

Stacycruiser March 4th, 2004 09:34 PM

Re: Re: Labadee

Our travel agent got information from Royal Caribbean that says Navigator western will stop in Grand Bahamas until April.

ScottB March 4th, 2004 11:28 PM

Anyone been to Grand Bahama?? What is there to do in Grand Bahama, leaving on Mariner on 3/7 (SUNDAY!!!)

Sheik March 5th, 2004 01:52 AM

Royal Caribbean ensured my yesterday that all ships go to Grand Bahamas instead of Labadee. The will go to Coco Cay. I don't call anymore, my travel agent and RCI were saying the same ports.

Justine March 5th, 2004 08:44 PM

boy i hope all of this is resolved for when i go on the Navigator of the Seas March 5th 2005 to the Western Caribbean... anyone coming with me?

diverdiver March 5th, 2004 09:17 PM

Grand Bahama = Freeport. (not Nassau). Freeport is a relatively inexpensive port., as there's just not much there. Coco Cay is also in the Bahamas, but a few hundred miles south of Freeport, teeny, and privately owned - by RCI. Nassau is the most popular stop in the Bahamas, but is nowhere near Grand Bahama (Freeport). The best thing you can do is look at a map of the Bahamas, which is an independent island nation (as of 1969 - used to be British), and encompasses a couple of hundred islands. Forgive me for saying this, but...cruisers...get to know your geography! If you're willing to pay for your cruise, know where you're going.