Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Shauntele

Default Which ship next?

I sailed on the Navigator of the Seas in November, and I'm torn as to which ship to try next. Here's what I'm looking for. I hope you can help.

1. Any line is fine except for Carnival
2. The bigger the better. After going on a Voyager ship, I just can bring myself to go on a "normal" sized ship again.
3. Better food please. Navigator was okay, but it could have been alot better.
4. I'm looking for Easter Caribbean, 7 day

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Which ship next?

Yep--- the Mariner of the Seas. It would be an excellent choice. It's new, its layout is great, we never had any problem at all with anything. It does an east / west itinerary out of Port Canaveral and its a Voyager class ship, same size as the Navigator. If you are close enough to drive, there is a covered garage across the street just a stones throw away. I would sail again on it in a second but unfortunately guess I'll have to wait a few more months.
I would definitely check it out if I were you.
Old March 13th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Yeoman

Just curious what you have against Carnival? They have some beautiful ships. We've always done Carnival. Just went on the Pride. But we're going to try the Mariner this December. See how they compare. Just did Disney and wouldn't do that again. Not worth the extra money. You pay for their name.
Old March 13th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Would you consider the radiance sized class? They are decent sized ships with more elegance, great service and i find better food!
Old March 13th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Shauntele

One of my traveling partners will not go on Carnival again. She's been on Carnival 4 times and proclaimed after her last trip...never again.

I've never been on Carnival myself. I have heard that the newer ships are nice and the food is much improved....but I don't want to take a chance with my once a year vacation.

We all really want a large ship. We just loved all the public space to explore on the Voyager class ship...but we've already ruled out going on another Voyager ship as they are all pretty much the same.

I think that leaves the options at RCL Radiance class, Princess Grand class or the Carib Princess, and the new Celebrity ships. Has anyone been on one or more of these ships? I would really like some input so that we can compare them.

Thanks in advance.
Old March 13th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Which ship next?

we just got back from the Radiance a few weeks ago. That ship is a little smaller than Voyager, but overall we had a great time. Ship design was beautiful...there was Chops and Portofinos, but no Johnny Rockets, instead there was the "seaview cafe" which served hot dogs, burgers, nachos, chili, ceasar salad, fisn n chips, etc etc.

If you liked voyager class, you should have no problem with Radiance class ships.
Old March 14th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Captain

Celebrity hands down....the new ships are elegant, food is always better than
RCI or Carnival. Service top notch. Not sure of itinerarys, but Millennium was
wonderful....or try a sister ship.