Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to tropicaldayz
Default Anyone going on "Adventurer of the Seas" 4/18-4/25

Hey is anyone going on a royal caribbean cruise 'adventurer of the seas' from april 18-april 25. departing from peutro rico, going to islands like st. thomas, st. martin, caraco, and aruba...let me know thnx...byebye
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:40 PM
JIMMY&JAMIE

Default Re: Anyone going on "Adventurer of the Seas" 4/18-

We are going on this ship. We've been to St. Thomas, St. Marteen and Aruba. Just booked tonight. We have gone on several cruises - first on RC. Usually take Carnival.
Old April 1st, 2004, 05:12 PM
Passenger

hey thats soo cool...how old are you people??
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:20 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to heavenlydevil226 Send a message via Yahoo to heavenlydevil226
Default Re: Re: Anyone going on "Adventurer of the Seas" 4

Hey Jimmy and Jamie, My friend Megan and I are going on the same cruise as you. We are both 16 and live in Vermont... How old r u? and Where are u from?

Melissa

Old April 5th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Passenger

it seems like nobody our age is gonna go on this cruise..i hope so tho!!!
Old April 6th, 2004, 06:05 PM
newengland

hey tropicaldayz--i'm traveling with some friends--mainly in late 20's What age range is ur group?
Old April 6th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Charisse Send a message via MSN to Charisse Send a message via Yahoo to Charisse
Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone going on "Adventurer of the Seas&quo

Hey Guys, I just got back from that same cruise and I worried that my teen boys wouldn't have anything to do. Well......there were more teens on the cruise than adults or at least it seemed that way. You will meet lots of new people your age! Believe me!!!
Old April 6th, 2004, 08:30 PM
ct-huskies

Go Huskies--

Me and a group of old friends from school are sailing on this particular voyage in efforts to get away from the cold and re-live some of our good old uconn days!

(we're all in our mid/late 20's)
Old April 6th, 2004, 08:47 PM
chiromig

hey Magan,

I see you are still searching for people in your age group on this cruise. Hey don't worry you will still have a good time don't worry!

Why are you so concerned? You are going to be on a great ship in the caribbean what more can you ask. Also the ship holds 3,000 plus passengers, I am sure you will find people in your age group as I am hoping to meet some Friends of Dorothy on board. If not my traveling partner and I will still have a great time!!!!

As so will you!!!
Old April 6th, 2004, 09:33 PM
KHeath

My girlfriend and I are going on the cruise and are pretty excited. We're both in our early 30s (well I am at least, I'll keep quiet about her). We've booked a couple of trips away from the ship excursions. Look forward to meeting everyone. Have fun!
\KH
Old April 6th, 2004, 10:20 PM
jimmy&jamie

jimmy is 36 jamie is 42 we live in atlanta ga
Old April 8th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Anyone going on

chiromig- im not worrying about it, yah i know i;ll have fun tho. bye
Old April 9th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Passenger

by the way, chriomig- megan is spelled "megan" and magan'....lol...bye
Old April 9th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Passenger

i mean Megan is spelled megan NOT magan. whoops lol..
Old April 10th, 2004, 06:39 AM
ct-huskies

hey guys....i just posted a question to 'chuck' who apparenlty just got off this exact trip...i'm pasting my question for 'chuck' here just in case any of you may know the answer/could offer advice

ps...the Don=Q factory store accross for where the ships dock in OLD-SAN JUAN offers very tasty free frozen samples...i do look forward to shopping DO-Q on sunday!

thanks,
MK

here's the msg:
Hi Chuck-
I'm sailing on AOS very soon (next week!)....i've been on several cruises out of san juan PR....but never left out of this 'pan-am' pier??? I do vaguely remember always seeing a cruise ship docked way in the distance from where the other ships were docked (old san juan)....i was planning on walking around old-san-juan with my friends (many of them visiting PR for the first time). Do you remember off hand if there was any kind of ferry service from AOS to the other piers/or closer to old san juan? When i try to do a search online....the only hits i get specific to this 'pan am pier' are in spanish (dont' speak it....so certainly can't read it)?

thanks for your anticipated help.
MK
Old April 10th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Corvettelover

We were on AOS on 3/21, and I'd like to second the comments about the age groups you're going to find- lotsa people in their 20's and 30's...even some old farts like us in our forties....

I have no doubt that if you have an outgoing personaility you will find people roughly in your age group with similar outlooks and interests- after all, you'll have about 3400 to choose from.

There are nineteen bars on AOS, and at least five have live entertainment every night, something for every taste (well, almost.) Not that you gotta drink to meet people, there are plenty of other gathering places, too.
Old April 10th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Passenger

thnx everyone for the information and advice
Old April 11th, 2004, 07:06 AM
ct-huskies

has anyone here been to curacao before?--i've stayed at the other islands on this itinerary and can offer advice (especially st. maarten--frequent visits). I know nothing about curacao. Thus far, i'm seeing that many of the beaches near our docking area appear to me 'man-made'. Trying to aviod the packed beach scene...i have more of a preference to the low-key small beach bar type place but do not want to spend 1/2 my day in a cabby.

not much regarding beaches in curacao has been said in these chatrooms....the only thing that i've found interesting so far has been 'kontiki beach' and 'bayo beach--in spanish waters'. Has anyone been to these beaches before?

MK
Old April 11th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Corvettelover

There are no "natural" beaches on Curacao, so any of the ones you go to are going to be man-made.

This means, in most cases, that rock has been dropped offshore to create a breakwater (and to keep the imported "sand" from washing away).

The sand appears to have a lot of crushed coral in it, so it can be hard on your feet if you're not used to going barefoot alot.

We visited the beach at the Sea Aquarium- not overly crowded, but not what you'd call secluded, by any means. The water was stirred up the day we were there, so visibility inside the breakwater was very poor- just lots of suspended sand in the water.

If you really like natural beaches with fine sand, (like Magen's Bay in St. Thomas) you will be disappointed. If you're not fussy, want some sunshine, a little swim, and a few beach bars, they do the trick quite nicely.