Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2004, 07:52 AM
First Mate

Default About to start packing

Today is my birthday, and two weeks from now we will sail the Mariner. It's time to get the suit cases out and start getting things together for our trip. Any ideas of what to pack (besides clothing of coarse) that a person might not think about that would be good to have aboard ship or in port? What items do you bring along that are useful to you? We do have a balcony so I will bring binnoculars. Anything else?
Thanks Libby
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2004, 08:28 AM
Passenger

Default Re: About to start packing

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I JUST HAD ONE TO. WE ARE ON THE MARINER THE 28TH. THIS WILL BE OUR 6TH CRUISE AND I ALWAYS TEND TO OVER PACK. YOU WILL LOVE THE BALCONY ROOM WE GET ONE ALL THE TIME NOW I'M SPOILED AND WON'T GO WITHOUT. THEY HAVE DRYER'S IN THE BATHROOM AND SHAMPOO IN THE SHOWERS, THEY HAVE SAFE'S IN THE ROOMS WHICH YOU PROGRAM YOUR OWN SAFE NUMBER. IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE A UNDERWATER CAMERA, THEY DO TAKE GOOD SHOTS. I LIKE TO BRING A SMALLER PURSE OR FANNY PACK LESS TO CARRY WHEN GETTING OFF SHIP ALSO TWO WALLETS, WHEN GETTING OFF SHIP I DON'T BRING SO MUCH MONEY WITH ME AND IT'S GOOD TO KEEP ONE IN YOUR SAFE. ALSO BRING SMALL MONEY, 1.00'S 5.00'S 10.00'S YOU CAN MAKE SMALL BILLS ON BOARD, THE NATIVES DON'T LIKE TO MAKE CHANGE OR SOMEHOW FORGET TO GIVE IT BACK TO YOU SO WATCH OUT. TAKE OUT ONLY WHAT YOU NEED IF THEY SEE YOU HAVE MONEY THEY WILL HAUNT YOU TO BUY MORE. NEVER PAY FULL PRICE TALK THEM DOWN, THATS WHAT THEY LIKE, IF YOU WALK AWAY THEY REALY WANT YOUR SALE THEY WILL CHASE YOU AND BARINE. BRING A BEACH BAG AND BEACH HAT THE SUN IS SO MUCH HOTTER AND DIFFERENT THERE. LOTS OF LOTION IF YOU TEND TO BURN EASY.
IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL NEEDS FOR DINNER, TALK TO YOUR HEAD WAITER, IF THEY CAN GET IT THEY WILL.
ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK. HAPPY SAILING..............
Old March 21st, 2004, 11:47 AM
Dow Dow

We always bring walkitalkies. It makes it simple and easy to stay in touch. If you decide to do so get them at walleyworld. We have the motorola FMRS/GMRS and love them. We also use them at home when shoping in mallls or big stores or camping etc.E mail me if you have any questions. Have a great time.
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:11 PM
Captain

* A lighted clock
* A night light (gets pretty dark in those cabins at night)
* A small travel iron - unless you want to send your clothes out to be pressed
* An extension cord - the bathroom receptacles are for shavers only, so my wife needs
an extension cord for her curling iron
Old March 21st, 2004, 03:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

I also brought a small sewing kit (and had to use it) and some woolite to wash my suit out in every night. I usually wore my bathing suit from breakfast until dinner, and wanted to clean it.