Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Bonni

Default Don't leave any clothing on ship!!!!!!

For those of you traveling back home to cool climes and are carrying a jacket or sweater/sweatshirt to put on later-----DON'T FORGET IT and leave it in the lounge/theatre where you have to wait to disembark. My son left his easily identifiable sweatshirt in the theatre or our cabins on Sunday, we called them Monday morning, and they said "too bad, we donate all lost clothing". It has sentimental value to him so we called back again today with another appeal. This second rep was a little more accomodating and took down the description and our info. He said we may hear from them if they found it but if we don't they didn't locate it. You know, they bend over backwards to please you on the ship but from what I've read and experienced it's just the opposite when you're not face to face. Kinda like Jeckyl & Hyde!
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2004, 07:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Don't leave any clothing on ship!!!!!!

Hi Bonni - I can empathize with u, havin' done the same type of thing myself. We differ in that I do not blame the cruiseline but accept it myself. They are unloading thousands of people, luggage, garbage etc, reloading supplies & have to clean all areas of the ship before new passengers board in a few hrs and u blame them for not keeping track of hundreds of articles left on board..Happy (not so forgetful in the future) cruisin'!
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:25 PM
Bonni

Default Re: Re: Don't leave any clothing on ship!!!!!!

Cruisecrazy- I don't blame them but why do they have a "lost & found" line on their business card if they don't even have a short-term holding area for those items?
Old April 1st, 2004, 06:33 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Don't leave any clothing on ship!!!!!!

Bonni - I disagree that u didn't blame the cruiseline - u stated yourself that the service face-to-face is good but they are Dr J & Mr. H when not...I found out myself that the 'lost & found' is for items found and are held for a few hrs (before the next sailing) the same day u disembark and u have to return to collect the items. This gives most folks ample time to return. After u leave the ship and area and it sails- forget it. Wld u want to pay them to retrieve the items because they have to pay the staff to look for it ? This expense is included in your cruise ticket as long as it is done the same day. I believe u did not even notice ithe article missing till the next day....Anyway u regretfully lost an item(or your son did in this case) - unfortunate but with a lesson learned right? Check carefully before leaving the ship in the future...I know I sure do now!!!
Old April 3rd, 2004, 05:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to dawnrn1
Default Re: Don't leave any clothing on ship!!!!!!

test