Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2004, 05:14 AM
Suzanne74

Default Best Voyager ship?

I know there are some of you out there that have gone on a few of the Voyager ships.

I know the layout is the same but are there some better than others? Any better staterooms, decor, restaurants etc... We are debating between Explorer, Navigator - possibly the Mariner but it sells out quick. DH is 35, I am 30 and we have a 3yr old.

Thanks in Advance
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2004, 06:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Best Voyager ship?

To date, I've only sailed on Voyager of the Seas. I don't think you can go wrong with any one of the ships in that class. It was an awesome experience.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 31st, 2004, 08:40 AM
Sheik

I totally agree with MaryLou. The VOS was amazing. There is little difference, for example the dining room of the Explorer is different from the other ships....All of them are great.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:09 AM
Yeoman

We did Navigator (it was 1 yr old then) and loved it. We're bookedon Mariner for New Years (1 yr old then too). Im liking the Mariner on paper right now because it has a separate freshwater pool / waterslide for kids. Navigator didnt have it. Water wasnt too warm for my son anyways.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old March 31st, 2004, 08:32 PM
First Mate

We're going on Mariner in 11 days. I let you know how it is, but by all accounts it's awesome. Friends of ours were on VOS last year and loved it. I agree with the other poster that you probably can't go wrong no matter which you choose, so go for the itinerary and date that suits you.

Margie
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie

Mariner!!!!
Old April 8th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Passenger

Well, I'll tell you...I've gone on the Voyager, Navigator, and now the Mariner twice. I really like the fact that the Mariner goes out of Port Canaveral and it is just such an easy port to get in and out of...not a lot of traffic around the port....the road pretty much leads right to the port. The ships are all beautiful! I do have to say, that I really like the fact that the Mariner and the Navigator have Chops Grille as an option for reservations only dining. There is a $20 per person charge to eat there, but I think it's TOTALLY worth it. One thing I DID NOT like about the Mariner this past time, was the fact that they imposed a $3.95 cover charge per person to eat at Johhny Rockets. There has NEVER been one before on any of the ships I've sailed on, including the first time I went on the Mariner. You will LOVE any of them, though. They are the 3 nicest ships I've been on out of my past 28 cruises! Enjoy yourself!
Old April 8th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Jodi

I was told that the Voyager of the seas had the most money put in to. The chandelier in the main dinning room was made by Waterford crystal. She is a beautiful ship. But I don't think you can go wrong with any of these maega ships.Get out there!!!

Happy cruising!