Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to fpjc03
Default Majesty of Seas - Opinions?

Have read several reader reviews of Majesty and they are mixed. Some say it is still in good shape for a 12 yr.old ship, others say it is showing its age. Any experienced Cruisemates have intelligent opinion of this ship?
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Majesty of Seas - Opinions?

It's been two years....but....at the time it was my second cruise and my wife's first. She loved it and had no complaints as neither did I. My very first cruise was on Norwegian's Norway. If you've heard of this vessel you probably last heard that terrible accident in Florida at the pier where one of the engines caught fire and blew up, killing several crew members. When I went it was an old ship of over 20 years. And I loved every minute of being on her. I didn't care about any stain on a carpet, or any dirt on a hand rail. There are thousands of people on these ships and you can't get to every stain or dirt in an instant. It's all in your attitude and how the little things either bring you down or don't.

Happy cruising!!!

Old April 8th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Admiral

We sailed on her over 1 year ago in December. I was not impressed and would never cruise on her again. But....a cruise is better then none The cabin was very small and we had a category N ..the food was okay. I guess what I missed was another pool like the solarium on the Enchantment. I noticed dirty windows, worn out stuff etc.

But I believe they refurbished the Majesty and maybe it is better now. If you are looking to do a short cruise try the Enchantment. This will be our 2nd time on her and besides the good service, food and entertainment the ship is awesome looking.The Enchantment does 4 and 5 day cruises.

Old April 8th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Yeoman

I just went on the Majesty of Seas on 3-1-04 sailing. We had a deck 5 OV room. Not sure which category that is, RC has so many. My daughter had a deck 5 interior room. In my opinion, I thought the room was in very good condition, didn't notice lots of "stains or things falling apart" as others might have said. I was on Explorer last May, so I do have something to compare it to. The shows were pretty average I thought. Our waiter was wonderful, our cabin stuart was wonderful. We did the 4 day, Nassau, CocoCay, Key West, w/no days at sea. I missed the days at sea. We took our daughter and friend over spring break for their college grad. gift. They also had a great time. I believe a cruise is what you make of it. I tend to be pretty picky about things, and haven't had a problem with any cruises yet. I will be leaving in 11 days for the Carnival Holiday, which is 19 yrs. old. Now, I am concerned about it, but as long as it stays afloat, and I can lay on the deck sipping my miami vice and looking at the sea and sky meet, I will be satisfied. One thing I forgot to mention, the interior rooms are VERY SMALL. If you have any other questions, e-mail me. Go in with an open mind and you will have a great time. Hope you are going to Coco cay. It was my favorite stop. If you do, be sure to venture around the island, and not stop at the first chair you see. It is very secluded if you take a nice long walk. Have a great cruise.

Debbie

Carnival Holiday 4-19-04
Carnival Sensation 5-10-04

Carnival Destiny 4/03
RC Explorer of Seas 5/03
RC Majesty of Seas 3/04
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to drjacktravel

Hi! We have sailed the Majesty two different times, with the last being 03-22 sailing. The ship is very elegant! She is in very good shape for her age. We got one of those "cheap" deals that we couldn't pass up and had an interior "N" category. Yes, they are very small! (We are going on the Mariner in Oct with a Jr. Suite-so what a difference!) You will find Royal Caribbean's food to be just ok-good, but just ok> The service was excellent along with all the staff! We were disappointed that CoCo Cay was cancelled due to weather, so hope you get to go there. On our first sailing we were able to go there and it is great! Good luck! jack