Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2004, 08:29 PM
JD

Default Cozumel - suggested silver stores??

Hi,
Can anyone please suggest specific stores in Cozumel for buying silver?? I heard that this is the island for buying silver!!!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2004, 12:14 PM
hcat

Default Re: Cozumel - suggested silver stores??

Bumping this up to remind myself to reply-- I have a great store for you--did great there on silver & turquoise..Have to check my cruise album for the name.
Old April 14th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Cozumel - suggested silver stores??

All I wear is silver jewelery...I would like to get a name/manes for stores also

Old April 14th, 2004, 12:50 PM
JennN

Try the $10 Silver Store. Don't let the name fool you. Not everything is $10, but they have some beautiful pieces and good prices. Plus, they are not pushy. Unless you approach a worker you are left alone to shop.
Old April 14th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Sooshie

Los Cinco Soles has some really unique pieces although it appeared that their prices were a little higher. That store is worth the visit anyway. They sell everything from your typical tourist trinkets to t-shirts to liquor that you can try before you buy. They also have a really cool restaurant in the back that I'm dying to try but never seem to be hungry when I get there.

Sue, you will love the Enchantment....just went on that ship last October...the best!

Happy shopping!

Susan
Sooshie1@comcast.net
Old April 16th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Passenger

The ship suggested we check out Los Cinco Soles - near 8th & the main road along thewater. So we went there. Huge store, lots of different trinkets to buy. Don't be fooled by the prices that were marked. Everything was 25% off marked prices. Also, my 12 y/o daughter wanted to bring back something for her friends at her "lunch table" at school. She found silver bracelets with a gemstone for about $4 each. We also bought a chess set there, but found them for less cost at the International pier where we had docked. Also bought a few Guyabera shirts there, t-shirts and some hot sauces. The $10 Silver Store had a large selection, but not everything was $10. We did find a pair of earings for my niece ther that cost us only $5.
Old April 16th, 2004, 01:22 PM
hcat

Try the Silver Emporium at Ave rafael e. Melgar--on the main shoping street.. Got a great necklace & bracelet there (good turq, with proper silver stamp) Not a low end shop & not big for bargaining --but really nice pieces in Silver , turq & all sorts of stones--very unique designs. Had a ships rec. for it--it's listed on the shopping map for Royal--You will enjoy it--even if just browsing. They are every nice==not pushy. Happy Hunting!
Old April 17th, 2004, 06:29 PM
hcat

PS There was also a cute litttle store undernath/next to the Havana Club (cigar bar) whihc had smaller items at nice prices---