Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Majesty of the Seas

Going on May 10th 2004,Never been on a cruise before any info will help.
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Majesty of the Seas

Brent:

We sailed on the Majesty 3-1-04. My husband, daughter & her friend. We had an outside cabin on deck 5 and daughter inside on deck 5. This was my 3rd cruise. Was on carnival destiny last april and RC Explorer of seas last May. The inside cabins are very small, just so you know ahead of time. The oceanview cabins are small, but ok for the amount of time you spend in them. There is a closet to store your clothes, and small desk w/drawers. The ship I thought was nice and the best part is the private island stop of cococay. Be sure you go wander around on the island rather than stopping where all the beachchairs are. Walk way down on the other side, and it will be very private. The food is very good in the dining rooms. Each day they will have different drink specials at a reduced price. They have scheduled activities each day. Each night you will receive a cruise compass, little newspaper, giving you details of what all is going on the next day on the ship. They are very informative. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me at debshomespun@hotmail.com. Happy cruising!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old April 15th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Cruisingbear

Dear Brent,
Sailed on the Majesty on 3/8/04. The ship is older, but kept in very good condition.
One large pool and 2 whirlpools. Cabins are very small. I might suggest unpacking
your clothes and storing the suitcases under the beds. Service is just okay. With
this being your first cruise, you may find it to be great. Broadway type shows are fine.
Nothing to brag about. They had a comedian, juggler, and bicycle stuntman when
we cruised. They were awesome. Be aware that the elevators are very very slow and that drinks have different prices at different bars throughout the ship. The food (for us)
was just not up to cruising standards. It wasn't bad, just lacked flavor and was greasy.
This was our third cruise. Now, about the private island....Many times the seas are
too rough for the tender boats to safely transfer passengers from the ship to the island.
This was the case when we cruised. I hope you get to see Coco Cay. I hear it is really
beautiful. Have a great cruise.
Happy Sailing.........
Old April 16th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Trish1c

Brent:

Here's a link to the review I wrote about our trip on her last Sept. We had fun despite some of our misadventures.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/.../majesty17.cfm

Bon Voyage.