Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Nancy M

Default Best time to book a cruise

I would like to plan a cruise on Royal Caribbean for next summer (2005). I was wondering when would be the best time to book it. I have been looking up cruises at that time and there is a limited variety to chose from. Will there be more sailing dates closer to that time? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Best time to book a cruise

I booked last summer for Sept '04 I think it was around July when the dates I had chosen were available. I had been calling Royal Caribbean months before that trying to book and was told that tickets are generally available 14 to 16 months in advance.

As an aside, we did a lot of research and found that the mid september sailings were by far the cheepest for the year. It's right after kids go back to school and it's the height of hurricane season.

Good luck in your planning!

Old April 16th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Maggie's Mom

Do remember to book early and check your cruise prices every few weeks or so. When you book early, your price won't go up, but if the price goes down and you are aware of it, you can tell your travel agent or online agency (my preference) and get your price adjusted. I do think about 14 months or so ahead is optimal for knowing where each of the ships will be when you want to sail. Enjoy!
Old April 17th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Nancy M

Thank you all for your input, it was very helpful and appriciated
Old April 18th, 2004, 12:13 AM
WT

I don't think I ever booked any trip 1 year in advance. I usually find better deals cloers to the departure date. Like other say, Septemter and October are cheaper to the Caribbean becuase it's hurrican season. You pay less and take the risk of hitting a hurrican. My friend booked a caribbean cruise last September. There was a hurrican and the ship went to New England and Canada instead. Canada was far from a Caribbean cruise. As long as the ship sails, there would be no refund.