Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2004, 03:20 PM
boly

Default 1 year son in the cruise !!!!!

HI TO ALL,
THE AGE OF MY SON IS 1 YEAR OLD, I WANT YOUR ADVICE IF SHOULD I TAKE HIM WITH ME & HIS MOM IN THE 7 NIGHTS CARIBBEAN CRUISE OR NOT AND WHAT ABOUT THE SHORE EX. DO THEY ACCEPT TO TAKE HIM WITH US OR NOT ?
WAITING FOR YOUR ADVICE,

THANKS ALOT,
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2004, 05:38 PM
First Mate

Default Re: 1 year son in the cruise !!!!!

U will have a more relaxing vacation and the baby will not remember the cruise anyway. U will have him with u most of the time - no breaks usually unless u can get a sitter (careful here - may or may not be reliable and he can't tell u anything about what goes on - right?) If u have someone trustworthy to leave him with plse consider it and have a nice holiday..or as 'rbrown' put it - take him at 3 yrs old when it wld mean something to him and he can join the other kids playing so u get a break. Just something to consider. Happy cruisin'!
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:17 PM
robertj668

Default Re: Re: 1 year son in the cruise !!!!!

Your son may not remember the cruise but you will remeber how much fun you folks had!

Our son will be 10 months old on his first cruise is May. Check with the crusie lines on baby sitting. A lot of the cruise lines are different. Royal carribean will not baby sit until the child is 1 yr old and 3 rs for any kids program.

On the other side if someone has offered to watch the little one. Someone you know and trust. The leave the little tike and have a great time.

We decided to bring our baby sitters with us. Grandma and Grandpa!

Hope this help
Old April 18th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: 1 year son in the cruise !!!!!

We took our our son at 11 mos and at 23 mos and had a blast! However, we didnt expect to do much, which was fine for us. It was almost easier at 11 mos because he could sit still through much of dinner (not so at 23 mos). Most excursions have an age limit. We stuck to shopping, lounging around the ship (and napping), and going to some beaches (be sure to pack sunscreen, hat and possbily even a sunsuit for your little one as the sun is very strong). We got some great pictures (which my son loves to look at all the time) and some great memories from our trips. I couldnt imagine traveling without my son! My husband got some well deserved r & r on the trips (a totally different person) as well. I will add that my dad and brother were along with us, and watched our son while we were in the hot tub, and dinner at Portofinos the one night, but other than that he was with us all the time. Your child may not remember, but you will! It can be done (there are room sitters) but it depends how much you want to do or not do.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal