Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Default kid and a Balcony cabin

I have a 6 year old and a 9 year old. I will be on the Exploere and I got a grat deal on a Cat D1. Should I have anything to worry about with kids on a Balcony?
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2004, 02:40 PM
CF

Default Re: kid and a Balcony cabin

In don't think that you will, but that will depend on how well behaved your kids are. My 6yo has been on 2 cruises, both with balcony's and I never had a problem. He just needed to remember 3 rules.
1. DO NOT GO OUTSIDE WITHOUT AN ADULT!!!
2. No standing on any furniture to "get a better look"--ever
3. No throwing stuff over the side to see where it will go
and if rule number 1 is followed, you can carefully watch rules 2 and 3 since you will be out there
Old April 19th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Passenger

This the same poster who cant tell her kids not to eat at johnney rockets?

My advice is dont take the balcony --
Old April 19th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Admiral

Happy:
you are NOT in MY Shose so you don't understand about my delima about JR's so PLEASE mind your own bussiness.
Old April 19th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Admiral

And Also Happy. The Explorer DOES NOT chager for JR's That is the Navagtor and The Marnier that does. As You can see I cahnged Ships due to that
Old April 20th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Passenger

My point was if you have trouble saying no to your kids, they might not listen about the rules regarding balcony's -- be safer therefore to just get another cabin rather than risk a potential accident.

You changed ships because you didnt want the hassle/expense of buying hamburger - change your cabin choice so you dont have to hassle your kids about leaning , climbing over the balcony -- Being in a balcony cabin requires that the kids follow rules -- from your previous posts it seemed obvious to me that you dont choose to make rules for your kids. Your question was should you worry about kids on a balcony -- my answer is YES -- dont post questions if you dont like the answers.
CF was right btw --
Old April 20th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to FUNSHIP

It depends on the situation. I had no problem with our 4 year old ( 6 now) with a balcony. My wife and I were always around and one of us had an eye on him at ALL times if the other wasn't around. He is very well behaved, but he is still a child. What really matters is what is going to make YOUR time on the cruise more enjoyable. It sounds that you may relax more without the balcony, but my wife and I spend time on the balcony while our son was sleeping. Make the choice that is right for YOU, and enjoy. GOOD LUCK and have fun!

Old April 20th, 2004, 01:04 PM
First Mate

Hi,

While I don't know what this whole thread is about, being a parent of two boys, ages 6 and 4, I know that some rules are easier to enforce than others. A balcony is a scary thing with kids, we just returned from Mariner where we had a D1 category. The kids were never allowed on the balcony without me or my husband there, they are young enough that they could not open it by themselves, which helped. Since you have an older child, you will need to be vigilant about the rules, but only you can decide if it's worth it or not. I loved having it for when the kids were napping, and pulling in and out of the ports, it was so much fun having a balcony to watch that. Not all children were watched as carefully or maybe it was the adults, someone was throwing food to seagulls off the balcony, and the food was flying back on the ship and the birds were fighting and pooping, yuck. But that could have been childlike adults or children who weren't being watched.

Good luck with your decision.

Margie
Old April 20th, 2004, 01:25 PM
robertj668

HF

That was good advice and will use it in the future our son is old enough. Right now he is only 9 months old and is going on his 1st cruise in 2 wks!

Robert & Lisa
Old April 20th, 2004, 01:27 PM
robertj668

Sorry I meant CF in the last post!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Gee in another post you said you are 14 sure you are. I think that you are really rbrown and you just chaged user names so MikeM would stop deleting all your posts... You are the looney one making it a point to find ALL my posts to comment on them... Get a life and leave me, my family, my problems and my boyfriend alone. Geee Wizzzz

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96