Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2004, 06:42 PM
cruiselover!

Default Adventure of The Seas - Puerto Rico

hello everyone..
My family and i will be taking a cruise on july 11th on adventure of the seas.. and we can hardly wait! it will be my husband and I.. and our 3 kids.. our 2 daughters 22 and 14 years old.. and our son who is 20 years old. We've sailed out of Puerto Rico before on the Carnival Destiny.. and we are going to again sail out of Puerto Rico on RCCL because we like RCCL much better. My concern is all the Spanish speaking people. On Carnival.. 50% or more of the people spoke spanish and at times it was quite frustrating. has anyone sailed on RCCL out of Puerto Rico.. if so can you please tell me what it was like.. Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2004, 07:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Adventure of The Seas - Puerto Rico

I think you will find that since the ship is leaving from Puerto Rico there will be many Spanish speaking guests. Announcements are made in both languages too. We've left twice on RCCL from PR and didn't think it was a big deal.
Norma
Old April 25th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Charisse Send a message via MSN to Charisse Send a message via Yahoo to Charisse

I agree with Norma. We just came back and I thought there were people speaking plenty of different languages........no different than when we sailed out of Florida.
Old April 26th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I've also noticed no difference in the passengers when sailing out of San Juan or Florida.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed NCL out of Puerto Rico. There weren't as many Spanish speaking people as on our RCCL cruise out of Miami.

Bon Voyage (I don't know how to say that in Spanish).
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Adventure of The Seas - Puerto Rico

we DEFINATELY noticed a high amount of spanish speakers on board and it pissed us off!!! the passangers were VERY rude, large families and inconsiderate of others!!!

i am not steroetyping and i am from NYC where there is a nice mix of people, but these PRs get the cruises cheap and many are just obnoxious. RCCL should do something, LIKE RAISE THE PRICES!
Old April 28th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Mona

Hi

I have sailed on the Adventure of the Seas twice, and yes there are alot of Spanish people on the ship--since you are sailing out of their port .. just like when you sail out of Miami.. but I wouldn't say 50%.. but there were alot of non speaking people .. also alot of Europeans who feel TOPLESS on the beaches are OK too! my little newphew didn't mind, nor my 17 year old sun ...

When in Rome, do what the Romans do .. SPEAK ENGLISH and let them feel like the minority .. but it really is not a bother, if you are put at a table with non-English speaking people .. change tables .. make sure RCCL knows your concern.. contact Crown and Anchor ahead of time if you are very concerned ..

It was a wonderful cruise .. we got off the ADVENTURES April 11 .. and had a ball.. no matter what language we heard ...

Enjoy!
Mona
Old April 28th, 2004, 08:05 PM
First Mate

We're on AOS on your July 11 cruise. We've also sailed on Carnival Destiny and Radiance of the Seas out of San Juan. Yes, there were more Puerto Ricans onboard than you would see from a U.S. port, but I never encountered a single rude person. In fact, the Radiace cruise was the best I've ever been on. And I don't think that RCCL will give those discount rates during their prime sailing season, so you may not see as many. But if there are, so what? If you spend time getting to know other people you may find that you have more in common than you think. But if you go in with your nose stuck in the air, well , people can tell and will react to that.
Old April 29th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Passenger

Just got back two weeks ago from Serenda of the Seas which had San Juan as its home port.... I hardly knew of any Spanish speaking people onboard. Also RCL has certainly speeded up boarding... It took maybe 6 minutes whereas 12 years ago when I took this same cruise on the Monarch it would us well about two hours to board.