Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:52 AM
First Mate

Default Personal travel agency vs. online booking

Anyone have pics of the Majesty?This is my 4th cruise but you would think it was my first! I am that excited. Granted this one is just a quicky, but it will familiarize myself with RCCL. I just opened a travel agency so I want to experience them all at different levels so that I can inform my clients to the best extent. I have booked with both online agencies and personal agents and found neither of them very knowlegable. Online agencies told me to call the cruise line for answers and personal agents told me to go to the websites? I will always get the best price possible for every client (which any good agent would).So anyway, if anyone would let me know what they are looking for in a good travel agent, I would appreciate any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2004, 10:55 AM
shadow99

Default Re: Personal travel agency vs. online booking

I work for a cruise only agency in NJ....I would say that the best advice I can give you is to be honest with potential clients..if you are unsure of something,tell them you will look into it and get back to them asap...as for agents that advise people to go look at websites,I would say,that they are not very good salespeople..we don"t have information on every cruise or excursion ,nor have I seen every ship out there,so I tell my clients ,that I will look into the questions they have and I call them back promptly .You also have to be a bit of a detective sometimes....not everyone is familiar with cruising and cruise ships.You really need to learn to pre-qualify clients and ask questions..that comes with experience.If I can help you with anything else,please let me know....
Old April 23rd, 2004, 12:37 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Personal travel agency vs. online booking

Thank you Shadow. I agree with the pre-qualifing. Those other agencies didn't ask me any questions as to what I would prefer. Anyway, sounds like you know what you are doing. Again. Thank you for the insight.