Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Basic Questions (Ok, not so basic)

Sorry for all the questions (I'm a newbie)...

1) What perks come with a Royal Family Suite and what is it like? (Specifically the Radiance, Grandma is taking all her kids and grandkids for her 80th Birthday, so she decided to treat herself and her companion to the Royal Family Suite)

2) Are there any lowcarb dining options?

3) Can you pan for real gold in Alaska, in which port? (Skagway, Ketchikan, Juneau)

4) I see there are minibars, can you put your own drinks in them?

5) Are there wine packages? (I think I saw one in a review, 7 bottles for $109?)

6) What is disembarking/embarking like? What time should I arrive at port?

7) Are interior rooms (for the 2 kids) OK? What are they like?

8) What's the teen club like aboard the Radiance? (Kids don't seem interested)

Thanks for any responses for any question(s). You all have been very helpful! Griffen
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Brade

Default Re: Basic Questions (Ok, not so basic)

Hi Griffen,
We booked an outside balcony for ourselves and the kids (ages 10 and 11) were in an interior room across the hall. This worked out great for us. Just ask for a spare key to the kids room so that you have access to it. I couldn't get my kids out of the kid program - they had a great time. Not sure the ages of your children...BTW...we were on Navigator (eastern carrib).
Old April 25th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Basic Questions (Ok, not so basic)

There are places to pan for gold in Skagway, I believe, but don't expect it to be too authentic. The history of goldpanning in Skagway is really genuine though, and if you have an interest in that kind of thing, you will really enjoy Skagway a lot.

Most places that offer gold panning have put flecks of gold dust in so that everyone who pans "finds" gold. Don't expect it to pay off your mortgage or anything, though.

Many of the gold nuggets on sale in Skagway jewelry shops are found nearby, but they are found by large dredging operations, not someone panning in a nearby stream.

You will absolutely love an Alaskan cruise. We've been twice and would definitely go again. It's just wonderful.