Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Passenger

Default What do you take in your carry-on?

Since DH and I are at 25 days and counting, we are starting to pack. We don't have any limits that I know of to what we can take with us - we are taking a motor coach from Pittsburgh PA to Bayonne on 5/21.

What do you usually put on your carry-on? DH and I will both have one, just wondered what you thought the absolute essential items were.

Thanks!

Jessica
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Dow Dow

Default Re: What do you take in your carry-on?

We usually take a change of clothes for evening, any meds we need and anything we might need if our bags don't get to the room before the evening meal. We have always received them before that but we like to be cautious. Also cameras, travel documents and any other necessities for boarding. Swim suits are handy. Have a good time.
Old April 26th, 2004, 12:16 PM
trish1c

Dow Dow pretty much got in right.

Carry on should contain toiletries, camera / valuables, all medications, swim suits, change of clothes / shoes (this is more of an issue when going from cold to warm climate) & something to read / do. Obviously, you should also have your travel documents handy.
Old April 26th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Yeoman

Ditto to all of the above. (Don't forget clean underwear. I did, once. yuk!!)
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:30 AM
First Mate

We have learned how to pack in one small suitcase each with one carry on. That way we carry everyting with us at all times. No waiting for our luggage to arrive and no searching for the luggage on the disembarkation. Works great for us.
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:41 AM
TootsieBell

I pack jewelery, medication, sundries, nightgown, and one change of clothes for the next day, just in case luggage does not arrive in time. For 3 to 4 day cruise, I used to bring everything carry-on, but now they have more restrictions as to size of baggage.
Old April 27th, 2004, 02:43 PM
First Mate

I carry anything that I think might leak in my checked in suitcase. I don't like to take any chances.

Also meds, all jewelry (even costume) docs, money/credit cards, glasses, contact lenses. I don't pack a change of clothes though, never had a problem.

Bonnie, how do you do it. I couldn't pack for a 10 or 11-night cruise with only carry on. I'm lucky I can do a large and small suitcase for each of us.
Old April 27th, 2004, 05:24 PM
First Mate

It took a lot of practice, we got used to it from traveling in Italy. Having to board trains to go from Rome to Florence to Venice etc. You learn to mix and match for one, for another you just use the laundry facitlities. It only takes an hour out of your time and adds a much lighter load for you .We find it much easier not only boarding and disembarking from the ship but also from the plane, taxis etc. The less stress that I have on my vacation leaves more room for fun and relaxation! The first 10 day cruise I went on I brought to much stuff. I wore my bathing suit and wrap most days. The hubby wore his bathingsuit and t shirt. I love to dress up for dinner so I try to match my dresses with the same shoes. Shoes take up a lot of room. Then I lay them all out on my bed, one on top of the other, then roll them up tight. this not only saves lots of room in the suit case but prevents wrinkling! Hope I helped.
We are headed for the Bahamas next month on the Majesty. This is my first day cruise. It will be a quicky but will be fun I am sure.
Happy Sailings!
Old April 28th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Amy Smith

Definitely bring your bathing suit - that is, if you want to hang around the pool before your luggage gets to your room. We usually try to board by noon, have some lunch, and then change into our suits and lounge by the pool. You can usually get into your room fairly quickly but your luggage doesn't always get there so soon. We also take our meds and other important things like cameras. we will be taking some wine and cokes with us this time-something new for us! We never even thought about bringing any of our own alcohol with us before. Sure am glad I found these message boards! Boy, the tricks you learn about! Have fun! We'll be on Majesty on May 24 - whoopee!