Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2004, 04:52 PM
iLoveMyKiDs

Default Hair Braiding

hello everyone! i am cruising on my 4th cruise on july 11th on adventureof the seas.. we are going to .. puerto rico.. st. thomas.. st. marteen.. and curacao.. and my 14 year old daughter wants to get her hair braided.. does anyone know a good place on any of these islands if they have it.. PS we are plannin to swim with dolphins in curacao
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Kellie Santillo

Default Re: Hair Braiding

I went cruising, well about three years ago now, but I got my hair braided in St. Thomas, right across from the beach. (near all the shops) Great job and not too expensive. Another girl that we sat with at dinner had hers done in St. Martin. She was on the beach and people were walking up and down the beach asking people if they wanted to get their hair braided. Her husband was able to bargain with her, which I didn't do, so they paid much less.
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:45 AM
adnor

We just got off the Navagator of the Seas, and 3 of our girls had their hair braided. They had them in different ports, 1 Grand Cayman for 50.00 plus 10.00 tip, 1 in Nassau, Bahamas for 50.00 plus 10.00 tip, the other was in Cozumel for 35.00. Beware, the 35.00 didn't include the beads!!!! The beads were 10.00. Also, in Cozumel, the lady didn't put the hair in elastics, she used foil which stayed in better. I realize I didn't answer your question, but I wanted to you now that you could dicker with the ladies and they do come down. Just check to make sure the price includes the beads. They are there to get our money!!!
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:47 AM
adnor

I did forget to mention, that it took about an hour and a half to do their hair. So make sure you have time enough to catch the ship. Also, they are on the beach like Kellie mentioned. Have a good trip.
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

My wife had it done in St. Maarten. They are all right there as you get off the water taxi waiting for you. I bargained with the girl to get the "today only rate" of $1.00 per braid. But I made sure she had a maximum amount. She said it would be about $25.00/25 braids, I said it wouldn't go over $40.00. Turned out to be $36.00, so I just gave her the $40.00. Make sure you set a price and find out how much per braid. That should include beads as well. Do it all before they start. Does take a while. About an hour or so for us. St. Maarten we could play in the water while we waited.

Enchantment of the Seas
Disney Magic 01/10/04
Old April 27th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Admiral

We had two young girls hair braided at Coki Beach in St. Thomas for a total of $75. One with fine blonde hair had her whole head braided while the brunette just had her crown and sides done. They sat under trees in the shade and each took just about an hour. I brought new combs to be used on each girl. They picked out the beads of their choice, too.
Bon Voyage
Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:37 PM
Yeoman

I was also going to mention to bring your OWN combs. They do many girls and not sure how often they're cleaned. Yes, also bargain with them!!